General Logistics Systems (GLS) is an established provider of time-critical package and freight shipping solutions that has been operating in more than 40 countries across Europe for over 30 years, generating annual revenue totaling well above $4 billion.
We've taken our unique but proven business model stateside, where we intend to shake up the market with a truly combined express parcel, premier less-than-truckload (LTL), dedicated and freight brokerage offering that's faster and more flexible than our competitors'. Our company is looking to hire a DATA ANALYST to assist in our growth!
We passionately believe that our success depends on our customers' success, which informs the 'why' and 'how' of everything we do. At this pivotal stage in our growth journey, we are looking for like-minded individuals to help us build a new kind of logistics company...one that makes customers' lives easier and plays an active role in their achievements. Does this sound like you? If so, please apply to join GLS-US and keep an eye out for future openings as we expand!
Location: Remote - Pacific, Mountain and Central Time Zones. Candidate must be flexible following Pacific Time driven availability.
Identify solutions in data sets and convert insights into commercial and strategic benefits for our company. Work closely with leaders across departments to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. Collaborate with all other departments (Operations, Quality Assurance, Sales, Customer Service, Finance and Pricing) to identify business intelligence, reporting and data analysis needs. Interpret key findings from company data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes. Apply data analysis to solving real-world problems faced by our company and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects, teams and business units. Define key performance indicators (KPI) and provide performance monitoring and insights. Analyze business processes and work with all teams to ensure we are optimizing our resources. Support improvement initiatives to reduce cost, increase production and improve service levels.
- Build a knowledge of the business processes, systems and data sources at a level of detail that enables identifying and addressing critical issues.
- Work with internal stakeholders to define key performance indicators (KPI), build dashboards and identify reporting and data analysis needs.
- Validate data warehouse system for data integrity, quality and accuracy.
- Create appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary
- Use statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Help the organization determine the cause of positive or negative outcomes by comparing descriptive data sets and identify dependencies and patterns.
- Help the organization take proactive action by determining likely outcomes through detection of tendencies in descriptive and diagnostic analyses.
- Prepare reports and presentations for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, dependencies and predictions using relevant data.
- Deliver data analysis in support of setting service, production and cost performance standards and perform variance analysis to report opportunities.
- Educate and train business teams to use the data as an analytical tool to enhance business decision-making capability.
- Perform data analysis and reporting in support of forecasting, budgeting, costing and pricing activities.
- Collaborating with programmers, engineers, and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Education Degree in Analytics, Statistics or similar quantitative field. Certifications in programming languages related to data analytics a plus.
- Work Experience 2+ years of work experience.
- Skills, Abilities and Traits
- Skilled in SQL. Experienced running complex analytics in a scripting language.
- Experienced with preparing large and complex data sets for analysis.
- Strong excel skills including VLOOKUP, pivot tables, power pivots, conditional formatting...
- Proficient using a data visualization tool such as Tableau or Qlik... MS PBI a plus.
- Proficient with statistical programing in R, Python or similar.
- Able to perform descriptive, diagnostic and predictive analysis.
- Confident with machine learning techniques and sophisticated analytics (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, time series, econometrics, mathematical optimization).
- Intellectual curious with a knack for translating information into impactful insights.
- Have an interest in going beyond the obvious and delve into the source, the definition and foundational roots of a data element.
- Very attentive to detail and report validation process and able to produce reports and analysis with high degree of accuracy.
- Able to translate data into actionable insights and advise management of findings for problem solving/decision making purposes.
- Able to communicate analytical findings and recommendations in a clear and concise way to non-technical audiences, both in oral and written presentations.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to take ownership of multiple assignments simultaneously, prioritize work, document project plan details and set and meet timelines.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and the ability to exercise excellent discretion and judgment when dealing with confidential information.
- Repetitive Motion Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
GLS US is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply to at GLS US and we strive to select the best qualified applicant for each position in our organization. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. GLS US uses the eVerify program to establish work status. GLS US complies with all laws and regulations relating to employment discrimination and are always committed to doing what is right.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- SQL: 2 years (Required)
- PowerBI / Tableau: 2 years (Required)
- Predictive Analytics: 2 years (Required)
- Budget Forecasting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About Eden HealthEden Health is a nationally recognized medical practice on a mission to create a world where every person has a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider. Working with employers across the country, Eden Health offers employees 24/7 digital care, same-day in
Headquarters: Toronto, Ontario, Canada URL: http://getkoffie.comThis is a unique role that offers broad exposure to the systems and data that span our entire business. We are eager to find underrepresented candidates who are early in their career and are looking for a positi
McChrystal Group is an elite advisory services, team science practice, and leadership development firm composed of a diverse mix of professionals from the military, academic, business, and intelligence sectors who specialize in helping organizations tap into the potential of thei
About Pantheon Analytics: At Pantheon, we are progessive data nerds who strive to find creative solutions to a variety of problems. Our clients rely on us as an on-call data team, ready to answer questions through rigorous analysis and data engineering. Our small team works prima
Data Integration Engineer / Healthcare This position is responsible for developing and supporting integration solutions between customers’ clinical, financial, and administrative information systems and the teams developing product lines. This includes the analysis, specifi