Experience: 5 years+
Compensation: As per industry standards
What will you be doing? As a Software Engineer III (Senior), you will join our highly skilled Engineering team, working on our FINEOS New Business and Underwriting solution. As a part of the team, you will develop new product features, influence architectural decisions, innovate and propose improvements while also mentoring more junior software developers. All of our Software Engineers work closely and collaborate with other developers, testers, and other cross functional team members, adhering to our standards and processes. We follow the principles of Agile Scrum methodology and the role would be assigned to one of several Scrum teams supporting the FINEOS New Business and Underwriting solution.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years post qualification experience in a software engineering role with exposure to the full SDLC, preferably on enterprise scale systems
- Strong development skills and competencies including:
- UX: AngularJS, Angular, React
- Databases: Postgres, Oracle
- Development & CI/CD: Git, NPM, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Experience with SQL, and data model design, with exposure to working on different relational databases such as Postgres and Oracle
- Proven excellent technical problem-solving capabilities
- Experience with software engineering practices such as Object Oriented programming and application of design patterns.
- Committed to creating readable, reliable and maintainable code and come up to speed quickly on new technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Fluency in verbal and written English essential
- Experience working within an Agile environment highly desirable.
- IT background in the insurance sector would be an advantage
- Multi-platform skills (Linux/Unix/Windows) would be an advantage
- Experience/exposure to AWS or other Cloud technologies desirable
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
URGENT: Title: IT Infrastructure AnalystDuration: 11 Months ContractLocation: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (100% Remote)Note: USC OnlyRequirements: Must have experience with Linux (and some Windows) and Oracle DB.1-3 years of experienceWill consider a college graduate with formal ed
Job Reference 21-0185Post Date 7/29/2021CARC YesCity/Location TelecommutePoint of Hire Nationwide, USACompany AIT-Arctic Information Technology, Inc.Type of Position Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status ExemptDescriptionThe Data Engineer’s main responsibility is to be the single Po
Overview:Gryphon Technologies is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ab
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE***__**JOB RESPONSIBILITIESRequired Qualifications over Five (5+) years of experience with programming and software development, including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assuranc
Agfa HealthCare, is a division of the Agfa-Gevaert Group which is headquartered in Mortsel, Belgium and traded on Euronext Brussels (AGFB).At Agfa HealthCare, we support healthcare professionals across the globe to transform the delivery of care. Our focus is 100% on providing be