Senior Data Engineer to join the Modern Analytics team and partner in a significant migration and build-out of an enterprise data lake.
This person will work closely with colleagues to develop and implement sound data architectures and data flows that will support enterprise reporting, analytic and data science solutions.
The role will require a variety of data warehouse and data lake architectures, along with extensive experience in working in the cloud.
In this role, you should have a background in ETL, data architecture, and data engineering. Additionally, you should be analytical and an excellent communicator, and have a business acumen, problem-solving and "can do aptitude.
Skills and Qualifications Requirements
- Strong experience with Data Lake architectures, both architecturally and with the ability to implement
- Strong experience with Snowflake as the primary Data Warehouse toolset, including but not limited to:
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Excellent knowledge of Data Analytics / OLAP relational patterns such as the snowflake schema
- Knowledge of using and tuning Snowflake's elasticity controls such as horizontally and vertically scaling virtual databases, copying and/or sharing databases, and optimizing load and query SQL statements
- Strong experience using AWS cloud-native data analytics services for storage and ETL/ELT data processing
- Experience with Python/R for data processing and/or advanced predictive analytics data engineering
- Experience with Spark or related tools for Big Data processing
- Experience migrating from one data warehouse solution TO Snowflake
- Knowledge on and appreciation for Well-Architected principles Security, Operational Excellence, Reliability, Performance, Cost Optimization and how to apply to Data Lake architectures and the related SDLC
- Excellent communication skills
- Out of the box thinker, problem solver
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From $60.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Data warehouse: 5 years (Preferred)
- Data analytics: 10 years (Preferred)
- ETL: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Job Title:SR BIJob DescriptionDuties and Responsibilities:Collaborate directly with peers and business leaders in developing descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytics solutions.Tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actio
URGENT: Title: IT Infrastructure AnalystDuration: 11 Months ContractLocation: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (100% Remote)Note: USC OnlyRequirements: Must have experience with Linux (and some Windows) and Oracle DB.1-3 years of experienceWill consider a college graduate with formal ed
Job Reference 21-0185Post Date 7/29/2021CARC YesCity/Location TelecommutePoint of Hire Nationwide, USACompany AIT-Arctic Information Technology, Inc.Type of Position Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status ExemptDescriptionThe Data Engineer’s main responsibility is to be the single Po
Overview:Gryphon Technologies is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ab
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE***__**JOB RESPONSIBILITIESRequired Qualifications over Five (5+) years of experience with programming and software development, including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assuranc