Corsica Technologies is consistently recognized as one of the top managed IT and cybersecurity providers, helping organizations leverage technology as a competitive business advantage. Our integrated services protect companies and enable them to succeed. As our mission states, we are a key catalyst in protecting organizations, empowering their employees, and enabling their technology to gain a competitive business advantage so they can thrive.
Our team is focused on hiring the right people, in the right jobs, to help us continue to grow and move forward in creating a new level of service in the IT industry. Do you have what it takes to join the team? With decades of combined experience in our space, our leadership team thrives on helping their clients solve their most complex IT challenges.
Our clients rely on the IT services we provide so they can serve their customers/clients, employ their staff, and add value to their communities. Increasing client confidence through timely, professional, friendly, and knowledgeable remote-support service is paramount to being the IT Leader we strive to be. Additionally, Corsica depends on the efficiency of Service Desk members to keep costs low. The Service Desk Administrator provides technical oversight and guidance to other Service Desk team members and applies specialized knowledge and skills to resolve escalated end user support issues and complex requests. The Service Desk Administrator also helps increase Corsica's overall operational efficiency by minimizing the amount of issues escalated to Corsica's most senior technical resources.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Classify and triage escalated incidents, problems, and complex requests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated incidents to return service to clients as quickly as possible.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems reported by two or more users as quickly as possible.
- Manage the impact, risk, and implementation of complex client change requests.
- Follow standard operating procedures as documented in the Knowledge Management System.
- Assist in creating and updating knowledge articles to be used by other service desk personnel.
- Work with the team and escalate as needed with the assistance of management.
- Maintain and update system documentation and service ticket records.
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies through ongoing education.
Competencies and Qualities
Qualified candidates must meet the following job requirements:
- Able to function effectively in a high-paced environment
- Able to understand the perspective of the client in all service interactions
- Makes effective use of time and complete tasks efficiently and on time
- Able to work with a team, communicate effectively, and have high attention to detail
- Meets client and corporate expectations for attendance, quality, and performance
- Must have intermediate experience with each of the following:
- System hardware, software, and operating systems
- Cloud solutions such as Office 365 and Google Apps
- Networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP
- Active Directory and Group Policy administration
- Switches, firewalls, and advanced infrastructure
- Cloud-based data-centers such as Azure and AWS
- Server applications such as SQL Server and RDS
- Voice technologies and phone systems
- Must have advanced experience in at least one or more technical specialties
Education, Experience, and Certifications
- Must have at least a high school diploma or GED. Associate degree or better is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of professional ITSM experience is required. MSP experience is preferred.
- At least 2 certifications from leading vendors such as Apple, CompTIA, or Microsoft are required.
This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities.
In most cases, work will be performed in a climate-controlled office space. Work will require the use of standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, and multi-function printers. The position will be expected to make use of specialized tools and software for troubleshooting and system administration.
This position requires less than 1% travel with no overnight travel expected.
Candidate should be able to lift 20 pounds or more. The position will require sitting for long periods of time and may occasionally require lifting, bending, and driving.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position for five, eight-hour days (40 hours total) per week. A one-hour lunch break is provided. Shifts start times range from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM and the assigned shift will be communicated in advance. This position may also be required to participate in an on-call rotation to act as an escalation point for Tier 1 resources outside of normal business hours.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are fully invested in the growth and well-being of our employees and offer the following benefits to our employees in all locations:
Medical, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Account
Short and Long-Term Disability
PTO plus Paid Holidays
Training and development opportunities
EAP services that include free counseling services for employee and family
If you’re up for the challenge and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing your work has made a difference in helping other companies leverage technology as a competitive business advantage, then we want to hear from you today!
If you don’t think you meet all the criteria above and are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join a great team of professionals.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
URGENT: Title: IT Infrastructure AnalystDuration: 11 Months ContractLocation: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (100% Remote)Note: USC OnlyRequirements: Must have experience with Linux (and some Windows) and Oracle DB.1-3 years of experienceWill consider a college graduate with formal ed
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE***__**JOB RESPONSIBILITIESRequired Qualifications over Five (5+) years of experience with programming and software development, including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assuranc
HI,Kindly let me know if you have a suitable fit for the following positionThanksMortgage Data EngineerLocation: VADuration: 6 months temp-to-perm.Please send the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or 847- 350-1008DATA MODELING, POWERSHELL, SQL, VBADescriptionWe will only accept the.
Guidewell and its family of forward-thinking companies are focused on helping people and communities achieve better health and are at the forefront in the transformation of health care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, work-life balance, flexible work arrangements, opp
WHO WE AREAt Logical Position, we’re on a mission to help businesses grow. With over a dozen locations across the country, we’re one of the fastest growing digital marketing agencies. And we love what we do! We’re consistently ranked as one of the Best Places to
More jobs by this company
Corsica Technologies is consistently recognized as one of the top managed IT and cybersecurity providers, helping organizations leverage technology as a competitive business advantage. Our integrated services protect companies and enable them to succeed. As our mission states, we