Financial Data Analyst
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Why Choose Health Partners Plans?
Health Partners Plans is an award-winning, not-for-profit health maintenance organization serving more than 280,000 members for more than 30 years. Health Partners Plans has been doing it right and improving health and wellness in communities throughout the Greater Southeastern Pennsylvania region.
We are hiring a Financial Data Analyst to join our team remotely!
The analyst will join the Financial Planning and Analysist team and will be responsible for empowering users with data across the FP&A and Accounting departments, providing a unique blend of technical, analytical, financial and healthcare expertise. The analyst works with multiple groups within the Finance Department to provide comprehensive data solutions for both regulatory and owner hospital financial reporting, budget and forecasting, revenue cycle, reinsurance reporting and other areas as needed. The team is looking for a creative problem solver who is can make a big impact.
The data analyst will function as an internal consultant for quality improvement projects. The individual will need to build relationships with key stakeholders, be an expert in multiple data sources, and implement sustainable solutions.
- Work with the Finance team on quality improvement projects: gathering requirements, developing metrics, retrieving data, and ensuring validity of results.
- Independently contribute to projects and data requests from beginning to end.
- Create innovative and appropriate data solutions and data analysis for the Finance revenue, budget and reporting processes.
- Work with Finance team to define, document and verify consistent, reliable datasets for use by all Finance team in their reporting and data analysis.
- Develop and maintain data sources for Finance to support the reporting, revenue and budget functions.
- Support the Finance Department with computations and calculation based on appropriately sourced data for internal and external financial reporting, budget and revenue processes.
- Responsible for compiling, verifying, and analyzing summarized data for financial reporting, budget and other analyses related to Finance
- Engage in reporting and analysis projects by contributing to report requirement gathering, development, and documentation.
- Create, maintain and document automated processes within company reporting platforms.
- Provide data including but not limited to claims, premium, capitation and membership data in support of financial and utilization analyses.
- Responsible for verifying data sources and analyzing results in order to understand the business and propose future process enhancements.
- Research issues to determine source of discrepancies.
- Effectively communicate results of analysis.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other departments (HCE, IT and BA’s) to source data needs, write business requirements, validate production reports from IT and HCE and research issues to determine source of discrepancies.
- Identify, communicate and monitor areas for improvement.
- Share knowledge with other Finance associates to improve processes and data integrity.
- Manage, navigate and mine data from current and future systems and develop streamlined, simplified and reliable information to improve reporting and variance analysis.
- Determine processes needed for development and improvement of data sourcing for reporting and budget functions and ad hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, actuarial science, computer science or analytical field of study.
- 5+ years of work experience in a corporate setting
- 2+ years of health care experience
- Skills / Abilities:
- Attention to details
- Excellent organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency working with MS Excel including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, etc
- Intermediate level of proficiency with SQL and or Microstrategy or SAS
- Intermediate level of proficiency in performing data analytics
- Ability to quickly learn and use computer software tools effectively
- Ability to use computer spreadsheet (Excel) and database (Access and others) tools at advanced level
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Familiarity with provider coding practices use CPT, ICD-9 codes, DRG’s and diagnosis codes
- Experience with delivery and reimbursement of medical services in a managed care environment
- Advanced to intermediate level of proficiency with MS Access
- Pay Type
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
URGENT: Title: IT Infrastructure AnalystDuration: 11 Months ContractLocation: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (100% Remote)Note: USC OnlyRequirements: Must have experience with Linux (and some Windows) and Oracle DB.1-3 years of experienceWill consider a college graduate with formal ed
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE***__**JOB RESPONSIBILITIESRequired Qualifications over Five (5+) years of experience with programming and software development, including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assuranc
HI,Kindly let me know if you have a suitable fit for the following positionThanksMortgage Data EngineerLocation: VADuration: 6 months temp-to-perm.Please send the resume to email@example.com or 847- 350-1008DATA MODELING, POWERSHELL, SQL, VBADescriptionWe will only accept the.
Guidewell and its family of forward-thinking companies are focused on helping people and communities achieve better health and are at the forefront in the transformation of health care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, work-life balance, flexible work arrangements, opp
WHO WE AREAt Logical Position, we’re on a mission to help businesses grow. With over a dozen locations across the country, we’re one of the fastest growing digital marketing agencies. And we love what we do! We’re consistently ranked as one of the Best Places to