Ace Info Solutions, a Dovel company, is currently seeking a DevOps Database Administrator to join our team working REMOTELY.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As a DevOps Database Administrator, you will be responsible for deploying and managing PostgreSQL databases within containerized and cloud environments. While the primary work is on PostgreSQL, work will also include managing MongoDB for document storage. This application platform includes many technologies from OpenShift to Splunk and is used by a wide range of development, QA, and system integration teams. The project is also gearing up to migrate from a datacenter hosted environment to a cloud environment.
- Working with DevOps, Development, and Security teams to define and document requirements for deployment, configuration, hardening, and optimization of databases and database tasks.
- Deploy and manage databases per requirements.
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot problems within PostgreSQL specific and general DevOps tools and processes.
- Management of backup files and recovery processes.
- Manage accounts and roles on the databases per documented processes.
- Document database architecture and processes.
- Reviewing vulnerability scans and remediating vulnerabilities in addition to participating in periodic security audits.
- Coordinate with other teams to continually improve delivery of product to customer.
- Maintaining and driving modernization of legacy applications, tools and systems.
- Design, implement ensuring quality and security controls are met.
- Prioritize work and close out tickets in a timely manner.
- 5+ years work experience
- PostgreSQL (versions 9.6 – 13) on Linux, including system configurations
- Experience with database replication (streaming, file based, or logical)
- Experience managing both file-based and logical backups (pg_basebackup, pg_dump, pg_restore)
- Highly Available database configurations using replication, connection poolers (pgbouncer, pgPool), load balancing (HAProxy), and failover
- Database recovery from backups (single table, entire database, point in time, missing transaction logs)
- Query optimization (analyzing explain plans, index management)
- Scripting/development skills. Python and Bash scripting are preferred
- Log Aggregation/Analysis (pgBadger, Splunk or similar)
- Application/Database monitoring (pgMonitor, Datadog, NewRelic, DynaTrace, AppDynamics, Zabbix or similar)
- Linux (RHEL preferred)
- Debugging (proxies, networking, java/tomcat, database)
- Team player that fully embraces DevOps culture, eliminate barriers and bridge moats
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Government or large organization experience
- Multiple PostgreSQL distributions (EDB, Crunchy Data, 2nd Quadrant)
- Multiple Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle)
- Test data generation and database benchmarking
- NoSQL Databases (Mongo DB)
- Containerization (Docker)
- Openshift/Kubernetes and PostgreSQL Operators (Crunchy Data, 2nd Quadrant, EDB)
- Nexus - Artifact Repository
- VMware or VirtualBox
- Bitbucket (Git)
- Cloud based services (AWS, Google Cloud, ...)
- Security scanning / vulnerability remediation (Nessus, Retina, …)
The proposed salary range for this position is $100,000- $115,00. Final salary will be determined based on various factors such as geography, experience, certifications, etc.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
URGENT: Title: IT Infrastructure AnalystDuration: 11 Months ContractLocation: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (100% Remote)Note: USC OnlyRequirements: Must have experience with Linux (and some Windows) and Oracle DB.1-3 years of experienceWill consider a college graduate with formal ed
Job Reference 21-0185Post Date 7/29/2021CARC YesCity/Location TelecommutePoint of Hire Nationwide, USACompany AIT-Arctic Information Technology, Inc.Type of Position Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status ExemptDescriptionThe Data Engineer’s main responsibility is to be the single Po
Overview:Gryphon Technologies is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ab
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE***__**JOB RESPONSIBILITIESRequired Qualifications over Five (5+) years of experience with programming and software development, including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assuranc
Agfa HealthCare, is a division of the Agfa-Gevaert Group which is headquartered in Mortsel, Belgium and traded on Euronext Brussels (AGFB).At Agfa HealthCare, we support healthcare professionals across the globe to transform the delivery of care. Our focus is 100% on providing be
More jobs by this company
Overview:Do you have an interest in developing systems, software, and processes that will enhance how government agencies and departments work together?If so, we’d like to speak with you about our Test Engineer position supporting a new program/customer initiative.The Teste