Application Developer (FULLY REMOTE)
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Homepoint Is a rising star in the mortgage industry with a culture that encourages community, caring, and open communication. We want our Associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special is our people-first operating philosophy, “We Care”.
Homepoint is the third-largest wholesale lender and the 12th largest correspondent lender in the U.S. We are headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI and offer positions throughout the nation with over 2,500 Associates and 300,000 serviced customers.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop your career, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
- Partner with small agile team throughout the entire life cycle of projects to define, design, build and implement business process-based solutions.
- Design and implement metrics to optimize and manage business processes following initial implementations.
- Collaborate with Product and Process Owners to challenge business stakeholders to creatively automate processes with new solutions and approaches.
- Leverage standard process improvement tools to ensure delivery of solutions meeting business needs and addressing all root cause issues.
- Design and build new data models to support application needs.
- Facilitate requirements discovery and grooming sessions with business subject matter experts to document user stories with agreed upon acceptance criteria.
- Actively participate in all Agile Scrum ceremonies.
- Complete peer review and quality testing of team members completed tasks.
- Operate within a governance framework to ensure appropriate change management processes are met.
- Provide support for all applications in production by reviewing incoming issues, performing triage, and recommending paths to resolution.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Finance, Business, or Technology
- 2+ years of experience in a software development role using one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Java, C#, Python, Go, C++)
- Willingness to learn the Appian Platform on the job (prior Appian experience a plus)
- Experience working in an agile environment in a fast-moving, cross-disciplinary team
- Knowledge and experience in key concepts related to Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of software testing practices
- Experience designing data schemas and models
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL is preferred
- 2+ years of Mortgage Industry experience preferred
- Six Sigma certification or related process improvement methodology experience preferred
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Creative thinker with sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
Homepoint is a national multi-channel mortgage originator and servicer. The company brings an innovative approach to lending, focusing on speed, quality and consistency for customers and partners. Uniquely, Homepoint retains over 95% of originated loans for in-house servicing, a cornerstone to its Customer for Life approach. The company was founded in 2015 and headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. For more Information visit homepoint.com
Homepoint is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Homepoint’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
- Pay Type
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
URGENT: Title: IT Infrastructure AnalystDuration: 11 Months ContractLocation: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (100% Remote)Note: USC OnlyRequirements: Must have experience with Linux (and some Windows) and Oracle DB.1-3 years of experienceWill consider a college graduate with formal ed
Job Reference 21-0185Post Date 7/29/2021CARC YesCity/Location TelecommutePoint of Hire Nationwide, USACompany AIT-Arctic Information Technology, Inc.Type of Position Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status ExemptDescriptionThe Data Engineer’s main responsibility is to be the single Po
Overview:Gryphon Technologies is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ab
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE***__**JOB RESPONSIBILITIESRequired Qualifications over Five (5+) years of experience with programming and software development, including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assuranc
Agfa HealthCare, is a division of the Agfa-Gevaert Group which is headquartered in Mortsel, Belgium and traded on Euronext Brussels (AGFB).At Agfa HealthCare, we support healthcare professionals across the globe to transform the delivery of care. Our focus is 100% on providing be
More jobs by this company
Senior Software Engineer / Developer (FULLY REMOTE)Virtual Req #1641 Thursday, July 29, 2021Buying a home is the cornerstone of the American dream, yet the process can be complicated and confusing. That’s why Homepoint is on a mission to create financially healthy, happy ho
Senior Application Developer (FULLY REMOTE)Virtual Req #1638 Wednesday, July 21, 2021Buying a home is the cornerstone of the American dream, yet the process can be complicated and confusing. That’s why Homepoint is on a mission to create financially healthy, happy homeowner
Lead Software Engineer (FULLY REMOTE)Virtual Req #1693 Tuesday, July 13, 2021Buying a home is the cornerstone of the American dream, yet the process can be complicated and confusing. That’s why Homepoint is on a mission to create financially healthy, happy homeowners.Homepo
Senior Software Engineer / Developer (FULLY REMOTE)Virtual Req #1641 Thursday, July 8, 2021Buying a home is the cornerstone of the American dream, yet the process can be complicated and confusing. That’s why Homepoint is on a mission to create financially healthy, happy hom