The Technical Specialist will be responsible for analysis of complex legacy program modules, coding and testing of new and existing modules for major modifications to legacy applications.
Client is seeking to fill a short term contractor assignment. The selected candidate will fill the role of Technical Specialist on the client's Project. The Technical Specialist will be responsible for analysis of complex legacy program modules, coding and testing of new and existing modules for major modifications to legacy applications.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data and business processes
- Design, document, and coordinate desired changes to legacy modules
- Document the program and project deliverables as assigned
- Analyze and estimate feasibility and compatibility with other programs and projects
- Provide quality control for project deliverables
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in corporate or government as programmer analyst.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience exposing CICS and COBOL programs as web services via CICS Transaction Server (CTS) and/or CICS Transaction Gateway (CTG)
- Proven experience in programming techniques, programming languages in the mainframe environment.
- Proven knowledge of principles and techniques of computer programming, testing, debugging, implementation and documentation.
- Proven experience with analysis and design.
- Excellent communication skill (written, verbal, presentations)
- Excellent organization, analytical, planning and scheduling skills
- Ability to resolve highly complex problems.
- Proven experience with financial processes analysis and modification.
- Self-starter who can work with a large and diverse team of business, management and IT individuals.
- Demonstrated experience working with large project teams.
- Microsoft Suite experience (e.g, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), COBOL, CICS, TSO, MVS JCL, ENDEVOR, CA Tools, SQL, DB2 and VSAM.
- Experience with State or county government
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Experience
- Experience with Enterprise Level Application Development spanning two or more business areas
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay: $47.00 - $52.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Raleigh, NC 27610: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Are you able to work under a W2? What is your desired Hourly Contract Rate?
- IBM z/OS: 10 years (Preferred)
- COBOL/CICS/DB2: 10 years (Preferred)
- CICS Web Services: 5 years (Preferred)
- ENDEVOR: 10 years (Preferred)
- CA DB2 Products: 5 years (Preferred)
- DMV Application Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Business Systems Analysis: 5 years (Preferred)
- BIZTALK: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for a SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead for a Managed Services organization in Remote.Responsibilities for the SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead Locating and cataloging all Oracledatabase objects, develop compatibility matrix wit
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate inves
About The Role:At Facet Wealth, we put the client above all else. As a Salesforce Engineer at Facet Wealth, you will work with our Engineering & Sales teams, playing a critical role in developing the Salesforce components and tools used by our sales team. Our goals are focuse
The mission of our team is to reimagine productivity and enable FBP (Finance & Business Planning) to plan, prioritize, execute and focus on strategic work. As a valued member of this team, you'll be a critical engineer focused on building best in class solutions for all aspec
Principal/Senior Data EngineerDo you have the skills—and drive—to join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Execute the MAC appeal process by consolidating data, researching industry pricing, and evaluating research and pricing proposals for appropriateness, accuracy, and impactUpdate MAC lists in adjudication system and provide quality assurance o
Enterprise Products solves complex business problems at Facebook through a combination of building and buying best-in-class enterprise solutions. We help Facebook business teams achieve more effective and productive outcomes at scale.Legal and Compliance Products supports a range
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination.
Description & RequirementsDescriptionWorking in a live-call support environment, the Triage Technical Support Engineer assists UKG customers with hardware/software issues on our Workforce Telestaff solution. The Sr Technical Support Engineer is expected to deliver high-qualit
Provide technical support across a broad range of solutions to our clientsResponsibilitiesProvide technical support across a broad range of solutions to our clientsProvide support for clients reporting technical or solution issuesInteract with clients to help troubleshoot and res