Agfa HealthCare, is a division of the Agfa-Gevaert Group which is headquartered in Mortsel, Belgium and traded on Euronext Brussels (AGFB).
At Agfa HealthCare, we support healthcare professionals across the globe to transform the delivery of care. Our focus is 100% on providing best-of-suite Imaging IT software solutions that enable secure, effective and sustainable imaging data management.
From product development to implementation, our unified Enterprise Imaging Platform is purpose-built to reduce complexity, improve productivity and deliver clinical value. We use our proven track record as an innovator, our in-depth medical knowledge and our strategic guidance to help healthcare providers achieve their clinical, operational and business strategies.
The Data Migration Specialist (MS) is responsible for leading, directing and providing delivery/support of Radiology and Cardiology data migrations, which directly impacts the delivery of successful implementation projects within budget and on time in Canada and the US. The incumbent will work as part of a team to provide project, product and technical expertise in managing the execution of data migration projects.
Ability to travel throughout Canada and the US, including overnight travel up to 30% of the time is required.
This is a remote position and it can be base anywhere in the United States, close to a major airport
- Support Team members (PM, TMP, DS and IS) around deliverables, timelines and strategies.
- Provide expert advice on best practice migration solutions that satisfy customer requirements.
- Technical knowledge of specific PACS products related to radiology and cardiology such as Impax, EI.
- Participates as a professional expert and architect for data migrations working with the customer and the AGFA project managers to perform data migrations.
- Technical leader on the execution of the data migration strategy.
- Identifies and implements proactive data migration strategies that align with corporate goals and customer needs.
- Understands and communicates the implications of system functionality and technical changes and their impact on clinical and business operations within the hospital environment.
- Communicate technical details and project status to project managers, customers, and migration team.
- Research and manage sensitive technical issues encountered during the migration process.
- Maintain and share knowledge with the knowledge centres, sales organizations and service departments.
- Review and provide input on internal processes to continue to build efficiencies.
- Follows and utilizes all migration project documents and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Computer Science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- The SME will have a min of 5+ years’ experience running data migrations in a complex solution.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of networking, hardware and operating systems, databases, remote connectivity, security and image processing.
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Unix, SQL, Oracle, Solaris and PostgreSQL.
- Scripting knowledge such as XML, TCL, VB.NET is required
- Good working knowledge of DICOM and HL7
- Strong knowledge of enterprise storage technologies (SAN/NAS)
- SME of data archiving technologies such as; tape, optical and hierarchical storage management (HSM) systems.
- Knowledge of Health Care workflows an asset
- Knowledge of Agfa offerings, correctly that integrate with IMPAX & Enterprise Imaging.
- Demonstrated ability to work within professional services or technical support.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to analyse complex problems, interpret operational needs, and provide decisive recommendations to facilitate the implementation.
- Commitment to teamwork and ability to foster productive working relationships with internal and external groups.
We offer a rewarding career in a field that impacts lives, the opportunity to work with a talented and committed team of individuals, training and career development programs, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you want to be part of this experience, we'll take you there!
Learn more about Agfa HealthCare and follow us on Instagram.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law (Poster Supplement)
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment application process, please contact email@example.com
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Senior Data Analyst: This is a full-time fully remote position for Latin-American-based applicants within +/- 2 hours of Eastern Standard Timezones (NYC).Applicants must have very strong written and oral communication in English.—Data Analyst:Blue Orange is looking for a Se
Title: Junior .NET DeveloperLocation: Remote Must-Have Skills: ASP .NET, ADO .NET, MVC frameworkREST ApiSQLRequired Qualifications: At least 2+ years of Information Technology experience.At least 2 years of experience in ASP .NET, ADO .NET, MVC frameworkAt least 1 year of experie
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)Job Code: 11795Pay Grade: US-B15DescriptionKARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and educatio
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.The pe
Experience with as many of the Facets Products listed is ideal:CareAdvanceCommunication System (TCS)Core FacetsCWS Broker SolutionsCWS Employer SolutionsCWS Member SolutionsCWS Provider SolutionsEncounter Data ManagementNetworXTriZetto Connected Health SolutionsTriZetto Connected
More jobs by this company
Agfa HealthCare, is a division of the Agfa-Gevaert Group which is headquartered in Mortsel, Belgium and traded on Euronext Brussels (AGFB).At Agfa HealthCare, we support healthcare professionals across the globe to transform the delivery of care. Our focus is 100% on providing be