A Software Architect guides the technical design and direction of enterprise-level pricing software solutions. Our services and applications support the Pricing and Merchandising teams with price maintenance and transmission, promotions, labeling, reporting, and many others functions for both our stores and ecommerce sites. Our Software Architects have advanced technical knowledge in all areas of software development, analysis, and design. They are experts on existing software architecture design and inter-connectivity with upstream and downstream systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Works with lead business systems analysts, development teams, project managers and others to design and create, dependable, scalable, and maintainable systems.
- Develops standards and technical documentation for existing design of software systems.
- Takes lead role on designing and approving designs of new software or software integrations with 3rd party packages.
- Participates in the discussion surrounding the long-term technical direction of the department.
- Works with software engineers and management to help shape coding standards and software development life cycle best practices.
- Manage tasks and resources while utilizing modern project management principles.
- Perform software and data analysis to uncover issues and solve complicated problems that typically span multiple systems.
- Conduct software demo's to educate and train others in the use of software.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Understands how to establish the value and cost of an IT project
- Advanced understanding of change management and the O'Reilly change control process and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach others
- Expert software debugging and testing knowledge
- Expert knowledge of programming, database systems, and systems analysis and design
- Expert in Java, mySQL Database
- A bachelor's of science in a technology related field.
- O’Reilly Auto Parts IT department provides services to our corporate office, 5,600+ stores, 28 distribution centers and 80,000 + team members
- We have over 700 IT team members supporting 250+ small, medium and large web and software applications in addition to third party packages
- We provide a collaborative environment and encourage knowledge sharing
- We respect a healthy work-life balance
- Our teams keep open communication through video conferencing, team messaging and daily stand-ups
- Our leadership values collaboration and encourages team members to bring creative problem-solving ideas from both a technical and functional perspective
- We have several career paths, whether you want to be an individual contributor, manager, project manager, or stay technical – there’s a documented growth plan to help you follow the path you choose
- We want to grow our people – we help to make you better by providing training for both technical and professional development
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for a SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead for a Managed Services organization in Remote.Responsibilities for the SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead Locating and cataloging all Oracledatabase objects, develop compatibility matrix wit
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate inves
About The Role:At Facet Wealth, we put the client above all else. As a Salesforce Engineer at Facet Wealth, you will work with our Engineering & Sales teams, playing a critical role in developing the Salesforce components and tools used by our sales team. Our goals are focuse
Job Title: Java DeveloperLocation: RemoteDuration: 6+ MonthsJob Description: Must-Have: 6+ years of large-scale web application development using Java Framework.3+ years of experience developing with J2EE and above application.3+ years of Batch Process/ Spring Batch experience.3+
Job Title: Sr Java DeveloperLocation: RemoteDuration: 6+ MonthsJob Description: Must-Have: 8+ years of large-scale web application development using Java Framework.5+ years of experience developing with J2EE and above application.5+ years of Batch Process/ Spring Batch experience
More jobs by this company
A Retail Applications Software Architect guides the technical design and direction of enterprise-level software solutions. Retail applications includes everything needed to run a store such as Point of Sale applications to track and manage store inventory, reporting, and data tra