Our company is built around continuously improving our ability to introduce new customers to our products, and wow them with exceptional experiences through the shopping and post purchase journey. We love to use data and metrics to drive our decisions, while keeping in mind that customers don’t speak in numbers, and that each one should be treated as a member of our family.
Oh, and by the way - we’ve been doing the “remote work thing” since the day we started. So you can expect a hard working team of people that understands how to create meaningful connections and get great work done virtually - it’s in our nature!
About the Role:
The role of the purchasing manager at Resident is to ensure that the proper and timely issuance of purchase orders to factory partners is completed to ensure timely production schedules to drive product availability through the network. Resident works with factories and suppliers both internationally and domestically and require the consistent planning and issuance of purchase orders to ensure product is being built and made available for sale. The role is responsible for flawless execution of the purchasing function and involves driving critical decisions with cross functional teams and senior leadership and demands strong program management skills along-with an ability to drive data driven discussions. The candidate is expected to have exceptional analytical, planning and written/verbal communication skills.
This is a remote position that might require travel. Holidays are peak times for our business and work may be required. This position requires travel to all US time zones. Candidates must live in the United States to be considered for this position.
- Own the bridge between the planning team to the factories to action purchase orders to ensure proper availability of product supply based on supply and demand needs
- Coordinate the allocation of purchase orders in conjunction with the planning team to ensure the proper volume of specific product is purchased across the vendor base
- Plan out purchases with the support of the planning and logistics team accounting for loadability, mix, timing, and location of needed product
- Utilize software where possible to expedite and simplify the purchasing process
- Place purchase orders with suppliers
- Act as a central hub for purchasing efforts within the business
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3-4 years of experience in relevant Supply Chain experience, Planning or as an Operations/Planning Manager
- Experience working with external suppliers
- 1+ Years of work or academic experience with SQL, proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Candidate should have excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to own and follow through on issues
- Supply Chain Management or Engineering Degree
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, start-up e-commerce environment with the ability to quickly get up to speed, iterate and take on other projects
- Experience with order management, manufacturing, and distribution processes
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently & within a decentralized team
- Strong attention to detail & organization skills
Resident is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA., with a dedicated New York City office, London and an R&D facility in Tel Aviv. Learn more at: https://www.residenthome.com
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for a SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead for a Managed Services organization in Remote.Responsibilities for the SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead Locating and cataloging all Oracledatabase objects, develop compatibility matrix wit
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate inves
About The Role:At Facet Wealth, we put the client above all else. As a Salesforce Engineer at Facet Wealth, you will work with our Engineering & Sales teams, playing a critical role in developing the Salesforce components and tools used by our sales team. Our goals are focuse
T-SQL Programming experience and a very good understanding of healthcareWe need 1 Data Analyst/T SQL Developer for HEDIS.1.In a heavily team-focused environment, this role will work collaboratively and independently to gather, submit, analyze and update data requests and reports.
Data EngineerAt Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driv
9th Way Insignia is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to support the implementation and maintenance of a data warehouse and dashboards for the Department of Veterans Affairs Readjustment Counselling Service record keeping system. Qualified candidates will work closely with VA gov
Remote Position; however, you must be a resident in one of the following states to be eligible for the position. CA, WA, TX, AZ, FL, IL, MI, VA, TN, N.JDo you have a passion for solving complex, technical issues for customers? Are you customer and result-oriented and a good commu
We are looking for Oracle MDM Technical Consultant with Strong Siebel & EDQ skills, with all time remote 6 to 12 + Months contract role.Please refer someone else if you are not available at this time or you are not right match for this job opportunity.Title: Oracle MDM Technical.