Silvergate Capital Corporation (NYSE: SI) is the leading provider of innovative financial infrastructure solutions and services for the growing digital currency industry. The Company’s real-time payments platform, known as the Silvergate Exchange Network, is at the heart of its customer-centric suite of payments, lending and funding solutions serving an expanding class of digital currency companies and investors around the world. Silvergate is enabling the rapid growth of digital currency markets and reshaping global commerce for a digital currency future. Challenging convention by empowering people allows us to exceed expectations for our clients while cultivating an awesome culture.
The Cognos Report Developer supports the report development needs of Silvergate. The Cognos Report Developer is responsible for designing, building, and implementing reports in Cognos and will work with business users to translate business requirements into reports to deliver.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements
- Responsible for developing Cognos reports to meet the needs of stakeholders ranging from production staff to executives
- Responsible for writing complex SQL Server queries using SSMS
- Work with SQL and other database access tools and methods to address business requirements while maintaining control, integrity, and accessibility of data
- Analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers
- Provides support to other internal teams on reporting functions including maintenance, development and performance enhancement
- Possess working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and data warehouse front-end tools
- Continuously increase data coverage by working closely with subject matter experts to automate and streamline reporting across the organization
- Maintain knowledge of new product capabilities as means to identify potential improvement opportunities
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Maintain current knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations, along with the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Not to harm consumers with any act that could be misleading, unfair, deceptive, or abusive in act or practice
- Must adhere to the company’s core values of Challenge Convention, Do What’s Right, Take Ownership, Empower People, Exceed Expectations, and Cultivate Awesome all while keeping our “Why?” front of mind. Our Why? Silvergate is the banking platform for innovators, and we believe in the power of entrepreneurs to create prosperity for our communities
- Subject matter expert in the development of the information systems roadmap as means to ensure the organization has the proper reporting software and infrastructure
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- 5+ years of experience as a Cognos Developer
- 2+ years of experience as a PowerBI Developer is a plus
- 5+ years of MS SQL Server experience
- Data science experience a plus
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Experience overseeing the troubleshooting of system issues
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills and proven experience with data visualization
- Ability to quickly switch priorities and focus from one task to another
BANK SECRECY ACT REQUIREMENTS
Responsible for adhering to the reporting and recordkeeping requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulations, observing economic sanctions by prohibiting transactions as specified by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), following the Company’s customer identification program (CIP) rules, observing all Company policies and procedures relating to BSA, OFAC, CIP, and related acts, and participation in ongoing related training.
Standard office environment with a moderate noise level or working remotely.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Required to communicate with customer and coworkers verbally and in writing
- Occasionally required to stand; walk
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Required to sit for long periods and reach with hands and arms
- Able to read documents, computer screens, reports, other communications and have the ability to adjust focus and close vision.
Management reserves the right to add to, change and revise this description at any time. This description does not include any marginal functions that are incidental to the essential functions. Also, it does not imply that these are the only tasks to be performed by the incumbent. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related tasks requested by their supervisor. Any requirement may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Silvergate is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vet
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for a SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead for a Managed Services organization in Remote.Responsibilities for the SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead Locating and cataloging all Oracledatabase objects, develop compatibility matrix wit
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate inves
About The Role:At Facet Wealth, we put the client above all else. As a Salesforce Engineer at Facet Wealth, you will work with our Engineering & Sales teams, playing a critical role in developing the Salesforce components and tools used by our sales team. Our goals are focuse
Job Description:The Pluralsight Data Org boasts one of the most innovative and highest performing Analytics teams in the world. We focus on using data to improve outcomes for our colleagues, our leadership, our customers, our authors, and everyone in the Pluralsight community. In
Every month, billions of people leverage Facebook products to connect with friends and loved ones from across the world. On the Data Engineering Team, our mission is to support these products both internally and externally by delivering the best data foundation that drives impact