The Desktop Systems Administrator role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house Desktop/Laptop applications and systems and the infrastructure they run on. The primary focus is to manage these applications within virtual environments, desktop /laptops, telephony, printers and other enterprise infrastructure components.
Works under the supervision of the Helpdesk Manager.
This position will have no supervised employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy & Planning
- Lead support for a team of Desktop Technicians to manage and maintain Systems (Hardware) and software applications required by the enterprise.
- Collaborate with department leaders to assess near- and long-term hardware/software needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to installations, configuration, maintenance and inventory. (Via Wiki, Bulletin board, etc…)
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures, and associated training plans for administration, usage, and disaster recovery of Helpdesk/desktop support systems.
- Follow and update detailed project plans, schedules, and related project documentation
- Manage the procedures for installing, upgrading, monitoring, administering, and supporting of all IT support equipment and systems.
- Design planning and implementation processes and procedures to ensure the department/enterprise systems are built, configured, monitored, and backed up using industry accepted best practices.
- Serves as lead and mentor in training junior members of the IT Desktop Support and Helpdesk staff.
- Analyze and resolve hardware and software problems.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Assist in the design and deployment of IT enterprise infrastructure, including desktops, laptops, printers, UPS, Telephony and other needed hardware.
- Conduct research from vendors on desktop products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the helpdesk/desktop support IT industry.
- Develop and manage deployment plans/scripts for new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- May interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure desktop support products and services.
- Configure infrastructure to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Respond to monitoring alerts/pages and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Practice enterprise asset management, including maintenance of infrastructure component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and manage Track-it tickets assigned, desktop/laptop performance and provide system performance statistics and reports.
- Lead support of all Desktop/Helpdesk related issues.
- Participate in managing system desktop enterprise level solutions.
- Work directly with various IT teams toward a common goal or solution.
- Respond to highly charged, sensitive issues.
- Help perform annual IT infrastructure audits
- Adhere to IT access-management and change control procedures.
- Work well together in a team environment
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience as a senior desktop support specialist.
- Certifications in Microsoft (MSCE, MCP) a plus
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of VMWare and client applications.
- Deep understanding of key protocols and systems such as: DNS, HTTP, DHCP, TCP/IP.
- Understanding of and ability to script in: VBscript, and various other scripted tools.
- Strong knowledge and ability to administer to the following Applications/OS: Sophos, WSUS, Kace, Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Office, Win XP, Win 7, etc…
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot the following hardware: Desktops/Laptops, Mac Books, I-pads, smart phones, generic equivalents, Windows Servers
- Experience with Window Servers, SQL Server and associated Microsoft software packages
- Ability to administer Windows Active Directory in a multi-site environment.
- Able to install, maintain and troubleshoot Windows operating systems, software applications and patches on virtual and bare metal desktops/laptops.
- Able to install, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Domains and Domain controllers.
- Able to implement Microsoft group policies.
- Able to setup, maintain and troubleshoot Virtual environments.
- Experience with scripting and various Wizards for application and tool deployments.
- Knowledge of Registry settings for Windows, various Antivirus solutions and VPN tools.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into desktop issues and future products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Mentoring and leading Junior technicians
- Participation/testing in the projects and initiatives that are assigned to the Helpdesk/desktop teams by senior management.
- Night and weekend work as needed
- Working in the office with computer/printer equipment
- Testing of new hardware and applications for refinement of business needs
- Creating and maintaining a master computer hardware image used by the technicians across the domain.
- Backup desktop technician in the residing office when needed.
- Any additional duties assigned by management
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Sitting for extended periods of time (50%).
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Squat or crawl. The employee is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Required to crawl in under desks, raised floors, ceilings and racked equipment.
- Occasional inspection of cables in Cubicles, floors and ceilings this requires bending and/or climbing
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, servers, printers and other peripherals with a weight of up to 200lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for a SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead for a Managed Services organization in Remote.Responsibilities for the SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead Locating and cataloging all Oracledatabase objects, develop compatibility matrix wit
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate inves
About The Role:At Facet Wealth, we put the client above all else. As a Salesforce Engineer at Facet Wealth, you will work with our Engineering & Sales teams, playing a critical role in developing the Salesforce components and tools used by our sales team. Our goals are focuse
T-SQL Programming experience and a very good understanding of healthcareWe need 1 Data Analyst/T SQL Developer for HEDIS.1.In a heavily team-focused environment, this role will work collaboratively and independently to gather, submit, analyze and update data requests and reports.
Data EngineerAt Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driv
9th Way Insignia is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to support the implementation and maintenance of a data warehouse and dashboards for the Department of Veterans Affairs Readjustment Counselling Service record keeping system. Qualified candidates will work closely with VA gov
Remote Position; however, you must be a resident in one of the following states to be eligible for the position. CA, WA, TX, AZ, FL, IL, MI, VA, TN, N.JDo you have a passion for solving complex, technical issues for customers? Are you customer and result-oriented and a good commu
We are looking for Oracle MDM Technical Consultant with Strong Siebel & EDQ skills, with all time remote 6 to 12 + Months contract role.Please refer someone else if you are not available at this time or you are not right match for this job opportunity.Title: Oracle MDM Technical.
More jobs by this company
Overview:General Purpose:The Quality Assurance Specialist, MSP is primarily responsible for sales process efficiency, which includes checking quote and order quality, document review, credit assistance and support to sales where appropriate to lessen administrative sales challeng
Overview:General Purpose:The Customer Success Manager II serves two primary purposes: solving customer problems and aligning TPx products and services with customer business objectives. The candidate in this role develops industry leading business relationships with our clients,.
Overview:General Purpose:The Supervisor of Sales Development works closely with the Chief Revenue Officer, Marketing, Regional Sales Directors, Channel Sales Director and Sales Teams to define and implement the strategies, direction, and programs for all TPx Products. The role is