A Data Services Specialist serves as the primary engineer on all data-related aspects of the client onboarding and post-onboarding process. A Data Services Specialist is also charged with building and maintaining custom jobs, as well as collaborating internally with technical and non-technical teams at EveryAction / NGP VAN, to create sustainable and elegant data solutions.
Ideal candidates possess strong communications skills, attention to detail, and a high comfort level working with clients.
Candidates are expected to have strong SQL skills, have a working knowledge of CRM solutions and relational databases, and have experience working with non-profit or political campaign-related data. Please specifically highlight any experience working with non-profit development data, if applicable, in your cover letter.
The Data Services Specialist (contract position) responsibilities include completing assigned tasks with minimal supervision. This is a temporary contract for a 1099 independent contractor that we anticipate lasting 6 months at a rate of 40 hours per week.
- Develop SQL scripts and protocols for large-scale client migrations.
- Implement ETL processes to acquire and load large datasets and improve the efficiency of existing ETL processes.
- Scope and execute client requested one-off edits and exports.
- Work with the Account Management team to understand non-profit and/or political client data needs to fulfill import, export, reporting, and migration requests.
- Work across departments, including Sales, Engineering, and Product, to accurately set, manage, and meet project timelines and outcomes.
- Manage and prioritize your own workflows.
- Work with team members to document technical tasks and solutions.
- An intermediate or greater understanding of SQL fundamentals to run complex SQL queries, inserts, deletes, and updates.
- A strong understanding of relational database structure
- Background in non-profit database migrations and understanding of non-profit workflows OR working with political data sets, including but not limited to fundraising and compliance workflows.
- Familiarity with writing, refining, and troubleshooting stored procedures or SQL scripts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong organizational skills along with high attention to detail
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to complete projects on expected timelines.
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Exposure to relational database software
- Experience with Salsa and or/EveryAction
- Prior exposure to working with large datasets.
- Familiarity with source control (git preferred)
- Experience working with clients or partners on large data migrations, with exposure to sensitive data sets.
- 2 cycles or 3+ years of experience with non-profit or political data
- Proficiency in working with ETL applications and scripts.
- Familiarity with source control (git preferred)
- Must be able to occasionally work weekends and off-hours
NGP VAN/EveryAction is a technology company whose team members do exciting and meaningful work that has a significant impact on promoting civil rights, social justice, and environmental responsibility.
Employees enjoy an unusually generous set of benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave, profit sharing, 100% premium-paid health/dental, and an ongoing education allowance. NGP VAN/EveryAction is one of only a handful of companies to be recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine for nine years in a row.
EveryAction believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger company and better partner for our clients. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. We’re committed to hiring people on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, and EveryAction is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for a SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead for a Managed Services organization in Remote.Responsibilities for the SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead Locating and cataloging all Oracledatabase objects, develop compatibility matrix wit
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate inves
About The Role:At Facet Wealth, we put the client above all else. As a Salesforce Engineer at Facet Wealth, you will work with our Engineering & Sales teams, playing a critical role in developing the Salesforce components and tools used by our sales team. Our goals are focuse
T-SQL Programming experience and a very good understanding of healthcareWe need 1 Data Analyst/T SQL Developer for HEDIS.1.In a heavily team-focused environment, this role will work collaboratively and independently to gather, submit, analyze and update data requests and reports.
Data EngineerAt Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driv
9th Way Insignia is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to support the implementation and maintenance of a data warehouse and dashboards for the Department of Veterans Affairs Readjustment Counselling Service record keeping system. Qualified candidates will work closely with VA gov
Remote Position; however, you must be a resident in one of the following states to be eligible for the position. CA, WA, TX, AZ, FL, IL, MI, VA, TN, N.JDo you have a passion for solving complex, technical issues for customers? Are you customer and result-oriented and a good commu
We are looking for Oracle MDM Technical Consultant with Strong Siebel & EDQ skills, with all time remote 6 to 12 + Months contract role.Please refer someone else if you are not available at this time or you are not right match for this job opportunity.Title: Oracle MDM Technical.