JST is currently seeking a Lead Systems Administrator to support our team within a government environment. As the Lead Systems Administrator you will provide solution support, application development and lead the help desk team with daily technical support.
This is a full-time position located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. JST offers a full benefit package, a collaborative work environment and strong company culture. Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Lead Systems Administrator Responsibilities
- Monitor, test, manage, and troubleshoot approved applications
- Provide systems administration support
- Keep up to date on new developments in the technology industry and provide guidance
- Maintain essentials such as cloud platforms, operating systems, business applications, security tools, web-servers, email
- Gather information to define and fix issues including automation scripts
- Install, upgrade, manage and monitor software
- Data backup and recovery
- Project management for IT projects
- Installation/implementation, configuring and supporting a cloud environment (GCP)
- Configure and manage/monitor the cloud management service using Google or approved 3rd party tools and scripts
- Analyze cloud resource deployment summary data and provide/develop reports
- Assists others in accessing, consuming, utilizing and exporting data for various analysis and reporting purposes. (Big Query, DataStudio, SQL Server)
- Monitor cloud resource key metrics
- Configure the Google Cloud Workspace applications for users
- Create and update documentation, including standard operating procedures, policies, administrative instructions, after action reports for system outages, task status updates, and customer reports
- Build and execute standard and ad hoc reporting
- Design effective and impactful reports and visualizations for business and technical audiences using tools such as Google Analytics, Google Sheets, Tables, Excel, and BigQuery, Google Apps Script
- Propose solution architecture and manage the deployment of cloud-based Big Data and analytics solutions according to complex customer requirements and implementation best practices.
- Advocate for customer needs in order to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development based on field experience
- Evaluate and implement new computing technologies and tools
- Professional experience designing databases for analysis and reporting purposes.
- Professional experience designing dashboards for end-user data access.
- Knowledge and ability to use App Maker, Google automation tool, AppsScript, and other coding to create solutions between applications and data.
Lead Systems Administrator Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, science or mathematics discipline
- 5 or more years of experience as a Systems Administrator or similar role
- 2 years Google Cloud Platform (GCP) experience desired
- Scripting experience
- 2 or more years leading help desk or engineering teams
- Must be comfortable working in remote environments
- Experience supporting government environments preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Occasional overtime and travel may be required
Required Clearances and Screenings
- MUST be able to successfully pass a drug and background check
- MUST be able to successfully obtain a DoD CAC card and Tier 1 investigation
About Joint Strategic Technologies (JST)
No objective is beyond reach! Joint Strategic Technologies (JST) enables successful mission outcomes from the back office to the battlefield. Our team includes leading experts from the military, government and the private sector, all working together to help federal customers make a difference. Our goal is to Elevate the Impact that our employees have on our customers and treat every employee as a valued member of our team. JST empowers employees to make decisions and take action, thus improving overall organizational growth and employee development.
Culture isn't something you talk about. It's something you do. JST is committed to creating a positive environment 'that reaches beyond work and careers' to support every employee's professional and personal objectives. JST values the well-being of every employee and encourages healthy lifestyles, family activities and community involvement.
JST is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. JST will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for a SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead for a Managed Services organization in Remote.Responsibilities for the SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead Locating and cataloging all Oracledatabase objects, develop compatibility matrix wit
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate inves
About The Role:At Facet Wealth, we put the client above all else. As a Salesforce Engineer at Facet Wealth, you will work with our Engineering & Sales teams, playing a critical role in developing the Salesforce components and tools used by our sales team. Our goals are focuse
Job Description:The Pluralsight Data Org boasts one of the most innovative and highest performing Analytics teams in the world. We focus on using data to improve outcomes for our colleagues, our leadership, our customers, our authors, and everyone in the Pluralsight community. In
Every month, billions of people leverage Facebook products to connect with friends and loved ones from across the world. On the Data Engineering Team, our mission is to support these products both internally and externally by delivering the best data foundation that drives impact