This role requires folks who enjoy the business complexity that emerges as we manage the member lifecycle by interfacing with membership and billing systems to report numbers in our earnings release accurately and enable forecasts to company executives. As part of the Finance Data Engineering team, you will play a vital role in creating reliable distributed data pipelines that will allow self-service. We expect you to show thought leadership and partner effectively with our business and engineering teams to develop better metrics and more elegant insights.
Location of work: For this role, we are considering both candidates who are willing to relocate to Los Gatos, California, and fully-remote candidates (remote in the US with occasional visits to Los Gatos). For fully-remote work, you should be a remote-work expert who will help uplevel the team’s collaboration skills!
Who are you:
- You are proficient in SQL (any variant) and at least one major language (e.g., Java, Scala, Python). You strive to write beautiful code, and you're comfortable with picking up new technologies.
- You have strong communication skills to partner with data scientists and engineering stakeholders effectively. You love being the bridge between Finance and Engineering teams.
- You LOVE data of all sorts, big and small! You enjoy helping teams push the boundaries of extracting business insights from our data.
- You have a strong background in data pipelining, distributed data processing, software engineering components, and data modeling concepts.
- You are always looking for opportunities to simplify, automate tasks, and build reusable components reusable across multiple use cases and teams.
- You have an eye for detail and realize where accuracy is critical. You like to spark joy in internal partners with high-quality data products that are well documented, modeled, and easy to understand.
- You relate to and embody many of the aspects of the Netflix Culture. You love working independently while also collaborating and giving/receiving candid feedback.
- You have preferably worked with Financial Accounting teams and understand their terminology and processes. You can help Netflix meet the compliance requirements of these teams (e.g., SOX).
Share this listing:
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for a SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead for a Managed Services organization in Remote.Responsibilities for the SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead Locating and cataloging all Oracledatabase objects, develop compatibility matrix wit
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate inves
About The Role:At Facet Wealth, we put the client above all else. As a Salesforce Engineer at Facet Wealth, you will work with our Engineering & Sales teams, playing a critical role in developing the Salesforce components and tools used by our sales team. Our goals are focuse
Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at 949-234-8115.Title: Data Warehouse DeveloperLocation: 100% RemoteDuration: Long TermJob De
About UsCertilytics provides sophisticated predictive analytics solutions to major healthcare organizations by integrating financial, clinical, and behavioral insights. Our team represents a dynamic infusion of multidiscipline, which includes actuarial, data and behavioral scient
DATA ENGINEERSummaryThe Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team, reporting to the Director of Data Engineering. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building, maintaining and expanding the shared data infrastructure that powers a big part o
WalletHub, the #1 Personal Finance App in the US and one of Forbes’ Top 100 Best StartUp Employers in both 2020 and 2021, is rapidly growing and eager to add new members to our technical team. We’re looking for a highly skilled and motivated Systems Administrator for
Data Scientist, RemoteEngineers at VDX.tv develop the next-generation products powering a scalable ad tech platform which enables advertisers across the globe to reach out to their consumers and deliver effective, engaging advertising. We are looking for engineers who are passion
More jobs by this company
Remote, United StatesCore EngineeringNetflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 209 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch a