Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 11795
Pay Grade: US-B15
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
I. Job Purpose and Core Tasks
Describe primary purpose of job:
The OR1 Field Support Engineer is a field-based resource that is responsible for troubleshooting complex issues within the OR1 system as a whole, in order to identify root cause and then collaborate with others in order to produce a fix for the internal/external customer. When appropriate, the OR1 Field Support Engineering will document and escalate issues with the appropriate Engineering group and be responsible to follow the issue until resolution. Support is provided through phone email or on-site assistance when necessary.
- Must be able to maintain productive working relationships and treat fellow employees with respect.
- Performs advanced technical troubleshooting included but not limited to audio, video, control, and network signal analysis in order to isolate and resolve complex system issues.
- Supports field-based resources on service and installation issues relating to audio, video, networking and software issues through phone, remote access or onsite travel if required.
- Able to write or diagnose basic software scripts and programs.
- Adheres to dispatch timelines as directed by Service Coordinator.
- Completes and submits FSR and SQC documents per designated internal operating procedures and timelines.
- Works with KSEA Technical Support in supporting the OR1 Remote Service product
- Provides critical response on high-level technical issues.
- Disseminates technical updates and bulletins to internal resources.
- Works closely with OR1 Engineering to learn the current and future product deliverables.
- Writes and publishes product technical notes and training in conjunction with the Technical Training Manager.
- Interfaces with customer contacts to provide general technical support and software maintenance/upgrades.
- Assists OR1 Engineering in maintaining JIRA tickets and documentation
- Manages a unique personal schedule as it pertains to job planning and the rotation of travel and labor hours needed to support any and all internal and external client requirements.
- Identifies and documents possible process and or technical improvements and elevates issue to management.
- Willing/able to learn new technologies and skills as needed to adapt to product and company needs.
- Performs other job-related duties or special projects as assigned by the Manager, Critical Response.
II. Minimum Knowledge, Education and Skill Requirements
Minimum years of relevant work experience:
- 5 years fixing network and software issues
Minimum education, certifications and/or credentials:
- Bachelor’s engineering degree from an accredited college or university
Minimum hard skill requirements (including computer and application proficiency):
- Working knowledge of general IT and enterprise network infrastructures, how they are configured, and how to diagnose connectivity issues between devices using various protocols
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2016+ environments. Including how to install, configure, and diagnose issues with them. Related but not limited to: IIS, FTP/FTPS, SMBv3, Security Permissions, Group Policy, .NET Framework, AD.
- Working knowledge of SQL environments. Including how to install/configure SQL, and write custom scripts/queries.
- Programming experience in one or more programming languages
- Working knowledge of how to respond to cybersecurity threats and then implement fixes as identified by CVE
- Working knowledge with basic A/V equipment
Minimum soft skill requirements:
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse clientele including good written and oral communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform complex and time-critical tasks with optimum effectiveness and efficiency with little or no supervision in high-pressure situations
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to write complex and detailed Work Instructions
- Attention to detail and adherence to SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed documentation
- Ability to work on several tasks concurrently
Preferred years of relevant work experience:
- 10 years fixing network and software issues
- 2 years writing basic software scripts and/or programs
Preferred education, certifications and/or credentials:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or equivalent
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent
Preferred hard skill requirements:
- Exposure to HL7 and DICOM communication protocols
Preferred soft skill requirements:
- Provide horizontal leadership in order to produce results
III. Essential Function
Must be able to maintain productive working relationships and treat fellow employees with respect.
Has contact with:
- Inside and outside the company staff
- Light, occasional physical effort
Mental requirements/Emotional Demands:
- Ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility in dealing with changing priorities and work situations.
Interpersonal and communication skills:
- Verbal and written skills.
IV. Core Requirements
Degree of accountability: Generally managed
Degree of decision making: Diversified Tasks.
Financial/Budgetary: Supervised responsibility on revenues and cost.
Safety: This is a safety sensitive job; good driving record required
Quality: Adhere to KSEA OR1 Quality Requirements
Supervision: Does not supervise others
Authority to Sign (not applicable for North America):
Travel: Up to 40% travel during the year throughout the US, Canada and Mexico
Other duties consistent with the general nature and focus of the job and/or the goals and objectives of the department may be assigned.
Vaccine requirements at KARL STORZ due to COVID-19
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees and therefore we require the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our employees unless otherwise due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role you are seeking and if you require a reasonable accommodation regarding the vaccine requirement see below on the process for requesting accommodation. Please click here to learn more about our overall response to COVID-19.
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks’ vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee’s first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
- Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible except for where required by state law.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Statement
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at TaleoAdministrator@karlstorz.com.
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL STORZ’s Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance additional talent options are required. Your respect for this process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral fees.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for a SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead for a Managed Services organization in Remote.Responsibilities for the SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead Locating and cataloging all Oracledatabase objects, develop compatibility matrix wit
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate inves
About The Role:At Facet Wealth, we put the client above all else. As a Salesforce Engineer at Facet Wealth, you will work with our Engineering & Sales teams, playing a critical role in developing the Salesforce components and tools used by our sales team. Our goals are focuse
Title: Junior .NET DeveloperLocation: Remote Must-Have Skills: ASP .NET, ADO .NET, MVC frameworkREST ApiSQLRequired Qualifications: At least 2+ years of Information Technology experience.At least 2 years of experience in ASP .NET, ADO .NET, MVC frameworkAt least 1 year of experie
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.The pe
Experience with as many of the Facets Products listed is ideal:CareAdvanceCommunication System (TCS)Core FacetsCWS Broker SolutionsCWS Employer SolutionsCWS Member SolutionsCWS Provider SolutionsEncounter Data ManagementNetworXTriZetto Connected Health SolutionsTriZetto Connected
Job Responsibilities: Write effective, scalable code. Develop and support Visual Basic code for existing applications. Integrate user-facing elements into applications. Test and debug programs. Improve functionality of existing systems Implement security and data protection solut
About Merchants MetalsWe’re one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of fence systems in North America. With 38 distribution center locations, four manufacturing facilities, and a 60-year legacy of providing quality fencing and accessories, Merchants Metals continu