PostgresSQL Database Administratorat EDB
The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you’ll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
We’ve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. There’s plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
We are looking for an experienced DBA to join a multi-disciplinary DevOps team dedicated to the development of Cloud Native products based on Kubernetes, with experience in production-grade database administration with PostgreSQL. Ideal candidates will take pride in bringing PostgreSQL to Kubernetes the way it deserves and the way Cloud Native customers need.
- Work with our product development team to provide guidance and expertise on PostgreSQL related matters in a Kubernetes environment, including but not limiting to: monitoring, alerting, logging, performance analysis, configuration tuning, replication, high availability, disaster recovery, benchmarking and user experience
- Drive successful product and engineering projects that involve PostgreSQL to production/release, by creating tools that the team can use to do their jobs more efficiently and by contributing to software development processes via CI/CD pipelines and autonomation (”jidoka”) focus
- Document solutions, architectural patterns, and best practices around the PostgreSQL database in a Kubernetes environment, to ensure that developers and end users have guidance and insight as needed
- Participate in 24x7 support escalation coverage as a “PostgreSQL on Kubernetes” subject-matter expert
- Liaise with the rest of EDB to facilitate the adoption of Cloud Native PostgreSQL and related technologies throughout the organization, via internal and external facing initiatives
- Experience as a PostgreSQL DBA in all phases of a production database lifecycle, from database design to incident resolution through proper monitoring and alerting
- Experience with Linux administration and Bash/Python scripting
- Experience in a 24x7 support environment
- Good written and spoken English Language skills
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time in an international team
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes administration, preferably with relevant certifications from CNCF such as Certified Kubernetes Administrator and Certified Kubernetes Security
- Experience with Grafana and Prometheus
- Sound skills in systems and network administration (storage, advanced networking, load balancing, etc.)
- Experience with technical writing and blogging on PostgreSQL and related technologies
- Experience in Git, repository management, and Infrastructure as Code using technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, or equivalent
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, Lean thinking, and DevOps culture
- Participation in the PostgreSQL Community
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. We’d love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our company’s integrity.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for a SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead for a Managed Services organization in Remote.Responsibilities for the SQL Database Refactoring Developer, Tech Lead Locating and cataloging all Oracledatabase objects, develop compatibility matrix wit
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate inves
About The Role:At Facet Wealth, we put the client above all else. As a Salesforce Engineer at Facet Wealth, you will work with our Engineering & Sales teams, playing a critical role in developing the Salesforce components and tools used by our sales team. Our goals are focuse
Job Description:The Pluralsight Data Org boasts one of the most innovative and highest performing Analytics teams in the world. We focus on using data to improve outcomes for our colleagues, our leadership, our customers, our authors, and everyone in the Pluralsight community. In
Every month, billions of people leverage Facebook products to connect with friends and loved ones from across the world. On the Data Engineering Team, our mission is to support these products both internally and externally by delivering the best data foundation that drives impact
More jobs by this company
Principal GoLang/Kubernetes Developerat EDBRemote EMEAThe world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you’ll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a