Job Summary: This individual is responsible for a variety of .NET programming duties within the development team. The Programmer/Analyst VI Team Lead will also oversee, mentor and be accountable for the implementation of project deliverables. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. The Programmer/Analyst VI will work closely with other team members in an Agile environment who have responsibility for prompt and timely delivery of new development, maintenance incidents, configuration tasks, setup tasks, responding to customer questions, data change requests, and other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
- Refine data and format final product.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Test and develop programming modifications.
- Write new program code using prescribed specifications.
- Evaluate complex interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users.
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Write and maintain programming documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members.
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours: Day shift. Evening and weekend hours may be required.. Requirements:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Knowledge of company programming procedures and programming languages.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications. Knowledge of computer flow charts and of programming logic and codes.
- Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Expert knowledge and experience with:
- Transact SQL
- Visual SourceSafe
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and lead small Development teams.
- Proven ability to adhere to Company policies and procedures and to handle day-to-day team management items, such as approving time off requests, conducting employee reviews, and related activity.
- Prior development experience with Microsoft-based Reporting tools.
- Solid knowledge and experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and Analysis Services.
- Advanced experience utilizing SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Source Control and Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Minimum ten years of experience in an OO software development environment.
- 10 + years .NET (VB/ASP) programming experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for a Database Architect who would like to join an industry leader in the financial services sector located in Philadelphia, PAThis is a Remote Opportunity!Responsibilities for the Database Architect include:You will be responsible for providing leaders
LOAN IQ DEVELOPER_______________________________________________________________________________________LOCATION: Remote in USHIRE TYPE: Full-timeVERTICAL: Financial Markets_______________________________________________________________________________________Role SummaryeClerx i
About UsOrange Kiwi Solutions provides affordable & responsive Prophet 21 expert support to distributors across North America.As a IT Support Technician for Orange Kiwi Solutions, you are responsible for solving complex advanced challenges related to Prophet 21 implementations an
TradesMax is an innovative Fintech company based in Los Angeles, offering U.S. fundamental equity research, real-time financial big data and news. We empower individuals to take control of their financial futures by providing the data tools and services they need to meet their ne
OverviewWe are hiring an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join the growing Information Systems team at Hyland. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding business/department needs and goals and will create data-driven analysis and insight to support manag
More jobs by this company
Description:Job Summary: Develops, maintains, and supports policies and procedures for ensuring the functionality and accuracy of the programs used to spider labor data from external sites. Relies on direction and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under general su
Description:Job Summary: The Integration Architect requires an individual with excellent creative vision. He/she is the one who knows how to integrate various types of computer software and components. The integration architect works as a part of professional services team and ha
Description:Job Summary:Under limited supervision, this position will be responsible for configuring and building all software applications with regards to the test, pre-production and production environments. Work closely with Software Development and Software Quality Assurance.
Description:Job Summary: The Technical Writer is responsible for planning, organizing, writing, and editing user documentation related to Geographic Solutions’ product line. We are the leading SaaS-based software provider in the workforce development industry. The Technical
Description:Job Summary: Under limited supervision, carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet minimum company standards and end user requirements. Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. Documen