Currently seeking a Senior Database Developer in support of the U.S. Navy. This position will support the Ship Maintenance Data Improvement Initiative.
Aggregating ship maintenance data from over 70 sources to provide analysis and predictive data in support of navy ship maintenance planning and budgeting. This position will be responsible for taking source data and developing a repeatable and sustainable process for import into a data lake and data mart. Key to these processes will be quality assurance measures which identify, track, resolve and report data quality.
This position will also serve as the subject matter expert for assigned data sources and will develop basic data visualization dashboards as well as work with a larger team to produce complex enterprise dashboards. This position requires a mature individual capable of actively working to understand the underlying data and working with the rest of the team to build enterprise solutions.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Oracle technologies
- Assess structured and unstructured data sources
- Develop strategies for data import with quality assurance checks
- Perform data import and transformation
- Develop scripts for data import, quality assessments, and error handling
- Support data visualization projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Must have strong technical skills and understanding of software development concepts
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD government secret (or higher) clearance
- 7+ years of experience developing and maintaining SQL databases (Oracle DB) (Expert Level)
- 7+ years of experience working with standard database architectures (Data Warehousing, Data Lakes, Transactional, etc.)
- 7+ years of experience writing SQL Queries to include using complex commands to manage data across multiple databases and tables.
- 7+ years of experience constructing schemas, tables, stored procedures, and deployment packages
- 7+ years of experience conducting database troubleshooting to include data validations to ensure that the information is intact, correct, and accessible
- 7+ years of experience performing server maintenance to include data management, indexing, periodic check for data corruption issues
- 7+ years of experience working with the end users gathering requirements that help to understand how the database and its information will be used.
- 7+ years of experience enhancing and improving the databases by seeking better methods to handle data and increase system efficiency to include the ability to write more complex and optimized queries
- 7+ years of experience instituting best practices and performing code reviews
- 7+ years of experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
One or more of the following certifications is required or must be completed upon hire:
- Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate (CCNA)
- Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
- GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Security+ ce
- Certified Network Defender (CND)
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certificates must be current
- Knowledge of Navy Ship Maintenance
- Knowledge of Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Active NMCI account
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for a Database Architect who would like to join an industry leader in the financial services sector located in Philadelphia, PAThis is a Remote Opportunity!Responsibilities for the Database Architect include:You will be responsible for providing leaders
OverviewWe are hiring an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join the growing Information Systems team at Hyland. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding business/department needs and goals and will create data-driven analysis and insight to support manag
LOAN IQ BUSINESS ANALYST_______________________________________________________________________________________LOCATION: Remote in USHIRE TYPE: Full-timeVERTICAL: Financial Markets_______________________________________________________________________________________Role Summarye
About IntermediaAre you looking for a company where YOUR VOICE is heard? Where you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Do you THRIVE in a FAST-PACED work environment? Do you wake every morning EXCITED to work with GREAT PEOPLE and create SUCCESS TOGETHER? Then Intermedia is the place for you.
Wheels is a last-mile, shared electric vehicle platform changing the current landscape in last-mile mobility. Our products range from a shared rental marketplace to personal ownership and anything in between. We are a low-cost, energy-efficient way to get from point A to point B&
If you’re passionate about helping people protect what matters most to them, as well as innovating and simplifying processes and operations to provide the best customer value, then Nationwide’s Property and Casualty team could be the place for you!Compensation Grade (