Your Next Adventure Starts at Encamp.
Who we are:
Encamp is on a mission to create a world where good for business is good for the environment. And we’re doing it with a modern first-of-its-kind SaaS platform for environmental compliance.
Built by our own EHS professionals, the Encamp platform makes environmental compliance and reporting faster, easier, and more accurate by eliminating data silos and arduous technology implementations and adoption life cycles. Being as passionate about the environment as we are, we’re driven to simplify the process of compliance for EHS professionals nationwide. We’re also an expanding team of remote happy Encampers, with roots in Indianapolis but quickly expanding throughout the U.S.
As a part of the Encamp team, you’ll tackle challenges of scale and complexity as we develop our product at a fast pace and continue to create the future of EHS technology. (Click here to learn more about our story). Encampers choose us and grow with us thanks to a company culture that supports ownership, optimizes action, and surrounds you with intelligent and supportive colleagues to continually maximize learning.
Who we're looking for:
We’re looking for curious minds who want to make a big impact, and who don’t mind going fast. We want achievers to help us keep innovating the EHS platform of the 21st Century, and to delight the thousands of EHS specialists who are using our solution across the US today.
Build and manage the teams that own the Encamp core web application and enable growth on the platform.
- Attention to details and process, both personal and systemic
- Ability to oversee multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Technical leader
- Oversee the architecture and shipment of the Encamp report delivery system
- Maintain excellent relationships with engineers and other leaders within Encamp through concise, thoughtful written and spoken communication
- Strong writing skills
- Spirit and “can do” attitude
- Work closely with VP of Engineering, Head of product, engineering leaders, and engineers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Customer Experience (CX) team. This team serves as the voice of customers and subject matter experts.
- Pragmatic and evidence-driven
- Balance the needs of quick, iterative development with the strategic payoff of technical debt
Nice to haves:
- History at a scale-up stage software company
- Knowledge and experience with cloud infrastructure, especially AWS
- Experience working in a semi or fully distributed environment
- Build and manage the teams responsible for the core web application. This includes Encamp’s Facility Profiles, Compliance Calendar, and User Management
- Ability to own role and scale with the company. This role could eventually lead multiple managers
- Collaborate with Customer Success and Fulfillment team to optimize for faster customer onboarding
- Hire roles necessary to build, test, and support report delivery
- Oversee creation of tooling that can be used by internal (Compliance Center of Excellence) and external customers to quickly, efficiently, and accurately manage data
- Train new team members and oversee the professional development of existing Encampers within Engineering
- Assist in developing and maintaining a regular release cadence
Team: Vice President of Engineering, Director of Engineering, 12 Senior Software Engineers, 2 Senior Software Development Engineers in Test, InfoSec, and DevOps Engineer
- 3x growth in the calendar year 2021, anticipating significant growth in 2022
Tech stack: React + Typescript Single Page Web App
- “Serverless” architecture in AWS deployed via infrastructure as code. AWS services include: Amplify, CloudFormation, Lambda, Dyanmodb, Aurora PostgreSQL, S3, CloudWatch
- You have 7+ years of engineering experience and 5+ years of people management
- You Bring your Own Education (BYOE). MS in Computer Science? BA in English? College dropout and autodidact? Our only requirement is that you have a desire to learn, grow, and apply what you know.
- Your communication is clear & timely n
- You are motivated by a desire for learning and impact in a high-growth environment.
You wish to deeply understand our business objectives and you prioritize accordingly.
Perks of being a happy Encamper:
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment at the intersection of Environmental Compliance and SaaS (Software as a Solution).
- Competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) match, and unlimited PTO.
- A work-from-anywhere remote culture along with an annual Remote Work Stipend.
- Parental leave. Because we think it's important to spend time with your new family.
- A significant personal impact on the team and its ways of working because of our strong culture of ownership.
Ready to join us around the Encamp-fire?
If you’re passionate about teamwork, transparency, accountability, and an appetite for knowledge and forward thinking, we’d like to hear from you. Come join a team that celebrates diversity as well as technology, and that continues to make a difference in uncharted territory.
Encamp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for a Database Architect who would like to join an industry leader in the financial services sector located in Philadelphia, PAThis is a Remote Opportunity!Responsibilities for the Database Architect include:You will be responsible for providing leaders
LOAN IQ DEVELOPER_______________________________________________________________________________________LOCATION: Remote in USHIRE TYPE: Full-timeVERTICAL: Financial Markets_______________________________________________________________________________________Role SummaryeClerx i
About UsOrange Kiwi Solutions provides affordable & responsive Prophet 21 expert support to distributors across North America.As a IT Support Technician for Orange Kiwi Solutions, you are responsible for solving complex advanced challenges related to Prophet 21 implementations an
TradesMax is an innovative Fintech company based in Los Angeles, offering U.S. fundamental equity research, real-time financial big data and news. We empower individuals to take control of their financial futures by providing the data tools and services they need to meet their ne
OverviewWe are hiring an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join the growing Information Systems team at Hyland. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding business/department needs and goals and will create data-driven analysis and insight to support manag