Four Winds Interactive is seeking a Database Administrator to join our team today. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining high performance, high availability, and business recovery planning of database environments across the organization. Responsible for installing database subsystems using industry best practices related to security, performance, and manageability. Accountable for maintaining service level agreements as defined by IT Management. Responsible for resolving database issues by creating & installing fixes with vendors.
- Collaborate closely with the development team to build new features and evolve our platform.
- Tune the database and application queries to achieve consistent optimal performance.
- Use a variety of monitoring and APM tools to ensure the health of the database and the system overall.
- Maintain backup and recovery processes to meet established disaster recovery plan objectives.
- Handle internal escalations from customer facing teams to support customer requests requiring ad-hoc reports or data changes.
- Maintain database security controls to meet HIPAA/HITRUST requirements.
- Champion database change automation in the CI/CD pipeline to enable reliable, rapid, and effortless releases to production.
- Be a key voice in how we architect our solutions.
- Play a key role in evaluating and integrating new data persistence technologies into the FWI Platform architecture.
- 4+ years Information Technology experience.
- 2+ years functioning as a database administrator.
- 3+ years of experience in MySQL, NoSQL (Mongo) or AWS-based database solutions (Aurora, DynamoDB)
- 3+ years’ experience implementing and administering cloud solutions on AWS platforms.
- 2+ years’ experience implementing and administering AWS RDS.
- Strong expertise in AWS specifically in compute, database, storage, and security services
- Thorough understanding of architectural elements required to support large AWS cloud installations and maintain high availability.
- Proficient in writing SQL and stored procedures.
- Computer Science degree or similar education
- Excitement for technology and helping others.
- A methodical approach to troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Creative thinker with a growth mindset and love of learning.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
With 6,000+ clients and over 500,000 screens deployed, FWI’s software platform is driving Visual Communications to millions of people every day, all over the world. We are a values-driven organization that encourages our employees to bring their authentic self to work every day and empowers everyone to make a tangible impact on our products, clients and culture. Our employees are passionate about their craft, but they are also parents, skiers, comedians, runners, animal lovers, foodies and phenomenal human beings who appreciate our dedication to providing a healthy work/life balance.
We’re proud to be one of Built In Colorado’s top digital tech companies. At FWI, our culture is important to us. We are a diverse team of talented, passionate people who want to make a difference, but don’t take ourselves too seriously. If our core values speak to you, we want to meet you:
Bring your best self
- See it
- Own it
- Crush it
- Be Gracious
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
US Benefits Overview
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for a Database Architect who would like to join an industry leader in the financial services sector located in Philadelphia, PAThis is a Remote Opportunity!Responsibilities for the Database Architect include:You will be responsible for providing leaders
Oracle Database AdminRemoteFull TimeRequired Skills Oracle; MySQL; MongoDB; Amazon Web Services RDS.ResponsibilitiesAdvanced Oracle Database 11g/19c administration skills and experience required.Working knowledge of some other database technology like Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, or.
LOAN IQ DEVELOPER_______________________________________________________________________________________LOCATION: Remote in USHIRE TYPE: Full-timeVERTICAL: Financial Markets_______________________________________________________________________________________Role SummaryeClerx i
About UsOrange Kiwi Solutions provides affordable & responsive Prophet 21 expert support to distributors across North America.As a IT Support Technician for Orange Kiwi Solutions, you are responsible for solving complex advanced challenges related to Prophet 21 implementations an
TradesMax is an innovative Fintech company based in Los Angeles, offering U.S. fundamental equity research, real-time financial big data and news. We empower individuals to take control of their financial futures by providing the data tools and services they need to meet their ne
More jobs by this company
Overview:Four Winds Interactive is actively seeking a talented Data Analyst to support our Finance Leaders with meaningful data on . This passionate data, analytics, and process-oriented individual, that is comfortable sitting in a high-visibility role where you will be working w
Overview:Four Winds Interactive seeks a Front-End Software Developer to work with the Software Development team. This position will work with members of development, QA, Product Management and UX to design and develop enterprise software for the FWI product suite. The Software De