Embry-Riddle is seeking an Executive Director of Infrastructure to provide leadership for all computer and information technology infrastructure for the University, joining the Information Technology department in Daytona Beach, Florida or in a teleworking arrangement. This includes servers, high performance computing (HPC) clusters, data networks, voice networks, middleware, and identity management system administration. The ideal candidate desires to be a part of a vibrant community of information technology professionals and supports the mission of the University as a world leader in aviation and aerospace education. Embry-Riddle provides education globally and maintains a diverse technology footprint. The Executive Director plays a pivotal part in the development, implementation, and support of infrastructure across the University.
The Executive Director of Infrastructure is responsible for various onsite university data center facilities and is the primary liaison for hosting and managed hosting providers. The role is responsible for an enterprise wide network and server strategy, including cloud strategies, encompassing the University’s three geographically dispersed campuses. This includes refreshing, expanding and evolving the university’s infrastructure. The Executive Director has fiscal responsibilities for all related activities, providing budget management and oversight. As a leader for the team, the role manages projects and monitors workloads to ensure timely and accurate completion of work orders and projects. Reporting to the Vice President and CIO, the Executive Director is a member of the technology leadership team.
Information Technology provides a modern, collaborative environment with on-site amenities, professional development opportunities, and a flexible four-day work week summer schedule. Working for Embry-Riddle entitles employees to a robust benefits package – including quality health care and retirement as well as generous personal leave and education benefits.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in the development, planning and implementation of University Infrastructure projects. Responsible for developing tactical and strategic plans for overall Infrastructure area – including middleware and identity management. All facets of data administration, system security planning, capacity planning quality control, operating system upgrades firmware and hardware upgrades need to be considered.
- Ensure highest level of performance from the team, through strong leadership and open communication. Maintain quality of work standards. Work closely with other I.T. leadership to ensure optimal team work and performance. Implement processes for maintaining a stable environment. Work closely with various vendors to ensure prompt support and resolution to issues. Work proactively with University customers to provide a seamless and effortless customer experience.
- Collaborate with IT leadership and customers to determine computing needs. Oversee the research, evaluation and integration of new technologies and approaches. Maintain open communication with IT Services Directors and IT leadership as a whole to better understand their technology requirements and look for ways to help them. Establish, develop and maintain relations and communications with vendors to better understand how they can help us to move forward.
- Participate and influence technology vision, mission and short/long term plans. Keep abreast of technology trends, especially those trends relating to the educational environment.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field is required
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
- A work history of progressive technical and supervisory roles in various IT areas.
- Strong organizational skills to master the complex set of tasks for insuring a stable infrastructure is available 24 X 7 X 365.
- In-depth knowledge of server and desktop operating systems, including Microsoft Windows and Linux.
- In-depth knowledge of voice and data networks.
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in network design, architecture and security.
- Clear understanding of relational database technology, including backup methods and capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies and virtualization technologies such as VMWare and Oracle Virtual Manager.
- Experience with Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Strong working knowledge of multiple and routing protocol environments consisting of TCP/IP, SNMP, OSPF, BGP4, and multicast and a working understanding of DNS, eMail and Web Services.
- Strong working knowledge of structured wiring standards, codes, policies, and procedures in copper and fiber optic cabled environments.
- Demonstrated experience with capital and operational budget management, contract negotiation, and vendor management.
- Excellent communication skills with various levels of employees including the ability to translate complex technical topics into clear, business oriented communications.
- Ability to learn new things and keep up with the pace of change in technology.
- Demonstrate ability to tactfully handle difficult situations and ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Consistently show ability to recognize and deal with priorities. Recognize and perform duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned, assisting others as needed.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and solid decision making. Collaborate with peers and subject matter experts appropriately, seeking guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties.
- Experience in higher education environment preferred.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills. Experience with project management tools and methodologies, both waterfall and agile, preferred. Ability to lead projects using standard IT project management processes (e.g., Proposals, Charters, Workplans, etc.) and make adjustments based on individual project complexity and scope.
- Ability to support IT Core Values by focusing on improvements, believing in our team, learning from mistakes, being accountable for actions and showing determination, focus and tenacity.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is looking for a Database Architect who would like to join an industry leader in the financial services sector located in Philadelphia, PAThis is a Remote Opportunity!Responsibilities for the Database Architect include:You will be responsible for providing leaders
OverviewWe are hiring an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join the growing Information Systems team at Hyland. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding business/department needs and goals and will create data-driven analysis and insight to support manag
LOAN IQ BUSINESS ANALYST_______________________________________________________________________________________LOCATION: Remote in USHIRE TYPE: Full-timeVERTICAL: Financial Markets_______________________________________________________________________________________Role Summarye
About IntermediaAre you looking for a company where YOUR VOICE is heard? Where you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Do you THRIVE in a FAST-PACED work environment? Do you wake every morning EXCITED to work with GREAT PEOPLE and create SUCCESS TOGETHER? Then Intermedia is the place for you.
Wheels is a last-mile, shared electric vehicle platform changing the current landscape in last-mile mobility. Our products range from a shared rental marketplace to personal ownership and anything in between. We are a low-cost, energy-efficient way to get from point A to point B&
If you’re passionate about helping people protect what matters most to them, as well as innovating and simplifying processes and operations to provide the best customer value, then Nationwide’s Property and Casualty team could be the place for you!Compensation Grade (