Volanno is seeking a Senior level Database Administrator to support a federal client. The DBA position will perform database administration duties including writing setting up databases, maintaining database servers, designing optimal database structures, writing SQL queries, writing SQL stored procedures, and optimizing queries and indexes in a big data environment. Our system processes millions of records per hour and supports the operation and safety of the nation’s airspace system. We provide near real-time data to operational staff and require resiliency and quality throughout the program.
In addition, the DBA position will work independently and with other DBAs and developers. The ideal candidate will support database programming duties (triggers, functions, etc.) and be familiar with the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The team member will be expected to support multiple databases, database servers, and systems comprising a data warehouse that is in production and has supporting development and test environments. The team member will function in an Agile software development environment using a hybrid Kanban-Scrum approach with a fully integrated team. Additionally, this team members will provide client support as needed.
This position will function within a highly motivated, dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for best practices for database administration and a desire to develop new bold ideas.. Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject from an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Minimum of fifteen relevant (15) years of experience as a database administrator working on complex web applications and data.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance (or higher) from a federal agency.
Required Abilities, Knowledge & Skills
- Strong skills working with enterprise-level PostgreSQL databases required.
- Experience with Oracle and CitusDB desired.
- Kafka experience desired.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong database skills including writing SQL queries, writing SQL stored procedures, and optimizing queries and indexes for large data sets.
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools.
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards.
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling Experience using an Agile Software Development methodology.
- Experience using Atlassian Confluence and Jira content management and issue tracking using Kanban and a Scrum Sprint cycle.
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
- Act as the SME and provide best practice recommendations for PostgreSQL
- Provide PostgreSQL infrastructure engineering to include database architecture maintenance, database upgrades/patching, server configurations, and application configurations.
- Install, configure, and manage multiple PostgreSQL server environments with high availability, to include monitoring, analysis, reporting, and data warehouse services and solutions
- Architect and design the configuration and operation of PostgreSQL platforms on all environments.
- Ensure proper integration of PostgreSQL with applications
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Work closely with Software Developers and customers
- Communicate with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Generate documentation and SOP for all processes implemented
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications
- Support on-call activities as needed
- Develops manuals and user guides for programmers and the operating staff.
- Conducts system feasibility studies and cost/benefit analyses.
- Maintains existing system software by detecting and correcting systems failures and by implementing system enhancements.
- Establishes and designs software necessary to integrate new hardware.
- Makes and documents decisions concerning design characteristics and utilization of new system hardware.
- Examines overall system design to determine the applicability of a proposed or developed subsystem.
- Designs complex information systems describing the flow of information among users, interfaces between programs, interactions, and key data structures.
- Designs detailed input and output records layouts, documenting the functions of programs.
- Codes programs in applicable languages using detailed flow diagrams and input/output descriptions as guidelines.
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills.
- Understanding of security compliance for the federal government.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
Volanno is an equal opportunity employer. Volanno will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
#Description#Jobvite is an end-to-end Talent Acquisition Suite that takes a marketing-first approach to intelligently attract dream candidates, automatically screen for the highest quality, engage employees invested in the future, and retain the people who care the most about you
Piper Companies is seeking a Manager of Data Engineering for a growing technology driven organization. The Manager of Data Engineering role is a 100% remote role that can reside anywhere in the United States. The Manager of Data Engineering will be working with a team primarily b
Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability & Results. Our ability to think big has enabled us to
Remote Opportunity Main responsibilities:Create visualizations and analyses that provide business insights for our global customers.Build prototypes for demonstration and illustration purposes for peer groups, Business partners, or senior leaders.Expertise in SQL can independentl
Job SummaryAnalyzes, installs, administers, and configures the infrastructure systems in a distributed environment at the enterprise level; participates in capacity planning; supports the creation and the maintenance of infrastructure disaster recovery plans, monitors performance