DT Professional Services is currently seeking a Mid-Level Database Developer in support of the U.S. Navy —Naval Surface Weapons Center (Corona) AR/PA-IT contract. This position will support the Ship Maintenance Data Improvement Initiative.
NSWC Corona is aggregating ship maintenance data from over 70 sources to provide analysis and predictive data in support of navy ship maintenance planning and budgeting. This position will be responsible for taking source data and developing a repeatable and sustainable process for import into a data lake and data mart. Key to these processes will be quality assurance measures which identify, track, resolve and report data quality. This position will also serve as the subject matter expert for assigned data sources and will develop basic data visualization dashboards as well as work with a larger team to produce complex enterprise dashboards. This position requires a mature individual capable of actively working to understand the underlying data and working with the rest of the team to build enterprise solutions.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Oracle technologies.
- Assess structured and unstructured data sources
- Develop strategies for data import with quality assurance checks
- Perform data import and transformation
- Develop scripts for data import, quality assessments, and error handling
- Support data visualization projects
- Must have strong technical skills and understanding of software development concepts
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET Security Clearance (or higher)
- 4+ years of experience in developing and maintaining SQL databases (Oracle DB) (Expert Level)
- 4+ years of experience working with standard database architectures (Data Warehousing, Data Lakes, Transactional, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience writing SQL Queries to include using complex commands to manage data across multiple databases and tables.
- 4+ years of experience constructing schemas, tables, stored procedures, and deployment packages
- 4+ years of experience conducting database troubleshooting to include data validations to ensure that the information is intact, correct, and accessible
- 4+ years of experience performing server maintenance to include data management, indexing, periodic check for data corruption issue
- 4+ years of experience gathering requirements from the end users that help to understand how the database and its information will be used.
- 4+ years of experience enhancing and improving the databases by seeking better methods to handle data and increase system efficiency to include the ability to write more complex and optimized queries
- 4+ years of experience instituting best practices and performing code reviews
- 4+ years of experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
One or more of the following certifications is required or must be completed upon hire:
- Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate (CCNA)
- Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
- GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Security+ ce
- Certified Network Defender (CND)
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certificates must be current
- Knowledge of Navy Ship Maintenance
- Knowledge of Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Active NMCI account
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
#Description#Jobvite is an end-to-end Talent Acquisition Suite that takes a marketing-first approach to intelligently attract dream candidates, automatically screen for the highest quality, engage employees invested in the future, and retain the people who care the most about you
Piper Companies is seeking a Manager of Data Engineering for a growing technology driven organization. The Manager of Data Engineering role is a 100% remote role that can reside anywhere in the United States. The Manager of Data Engineering will be working with a team primarily b
Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability & Results. Our ability to think big has enabled us to
VSolvit is currently seeking a Mid-Level Database Developer in support of the U.S. Navy ?Naval Surface Weapons Center (Corona) AR/PA-IT contract. This position will support the Ship Maintenance Data Improvement Initiative.NSWC Corona is aggregating ship maintenance data from over
VSolvit is currently seeking a Senior Database Developer in support of the U.S. Navy —Naval Surface Weapons Center (Corona) AR/PA-IT contract. This position will support the Ship Maintenance Data Improvement Initiative.NSWC Corona is aggregating ship maintenance data from o
More jobs by this company
JOB SUMMARY:We are looking for a skilled .NET front end web developer for web front end programming that has some familiarity with backend .NET MVC systems. Responsible for developing web pages in new and existing websites, ensuring applications responsiveness, and other duties..