- Position : Application Database Administrator
- Contract Long Term
- Location: Remote then Middletown NJ
- **** Must have More than five (5+) years related "Oracle ADBA" experience
Serves as an Application Database Administrator responsible for activities associated with delivery of customer-defined systems and software projects; basic responsibilities include:
- Primary responsibility: Migrates existing on prem Oracle Database (includes replication via Golden Gate and Streams) to Azure PostgreSQL database: migrating data structures, migrating data, converting common SQL statements, converting PL/SQL to PL/Java, setting up replication, storage management
- Designs, creates, and maintains PostgreSQL databases in Azure Cloud environment.
- Performs database analysis, design, development, reporting, security support, and performance monitoring and tuning.
- Reviews and ensures integrity via standardized support tools.
- Ensures that assignments are performed in accordance with database administration guidelines, standards and procedures for database development, implementation, testing, and migration using Agile Software Development practices.
- Responds to complex customer-reported systems problems in production.
- Reviews database design and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Proficient on data streaming technologies such as Kafka, Goldengate, Streams
- Expertise in writing SQL queries, PLSQLs, analyzing query performance using query plans and tuning query performance
- Knowledge of high availability, disaster recovery and replication solutions and best practices.
- More than five (5+) years related Oracle ADBA experience
- Strong development background, preferably with incremental software development projects using an Agile Scrum approach
- Experience Azure PostgreSQL Database service
- Experience Schema design Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Oracle to PostgreSQL migration experience
- Understanding of Oracle and PostgreSQL Database objects tables, views, triggers, etc.
- Knowledge of Database disaster recovery principals
Production and development Database support experience
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $100.00 - $110.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- PostgreSQL: 3 years (Preferred)
- Database administration: 10 years (Preferred)
- Oracle ADBA: 5 years (Preferred)
- Azure: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
#Description#Jobvite is an end-to-end Talent Acquisition Suite that takes a marketing-first approach to intelligently attract dream candidates, automatically screen for the highest quality, engage employees invested in the future, and retain the people who care the most about you
Piper Companies is seeking a Manager of Data Engineering for a growing technology driven organization. The Manager of Data Engineering role is a 100% remote role that can reside anywhere in the United States. The Manager of Data Engineering will be working with a team primarily b
Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability & Results. Our ability to think big has enabled us to
Remote Opportunity Main responsibilities:Create visualizations and analyses that provide business insights for our global customers.Build prototypes for demonstration and illustration purposes for peer groups, Business partners, or senior leaders.Expertise in SQL can independentl
Job SummaryAnalyzes, installs, administers, and configures the infrastructure systems in a distributed environment at the enterprise level; participates in capacity planning; supports the creation and the maintenance of infrastructure disaster recovery plans, monitors performance