ALLO knows how to build. Since 2003, we’ve built a fiber-optic network completely from scratch for our fiberhoods in Nebraska and Colorado and Arizona. Since our pioneering days in the early 2000s we’ve built our team, going from about 80 employees to more than 650. As we grow, so do the technical needs of business. That’s why we’re looking for an experienced developer to join our eclectic development team.
ALLO Software Engineers are part of the Systems Integration Group, an agile team focused on building software solutions that improve the lives of our staff and customers. We’re looking to get agile, build efficiencies, reduce wasteful processes and redundancy, and streamline at every possible level. Knowledge and experience are essential; we need someone who doesn’t have to Google CICD, SQL, and API before the interview. We also look for those who demonstrate a natural instinct for our core values: Honest, Local, Exceptional, and Hassle-Free. Fiber-optic knowledge isn’t required; just a desire to learn and keep us moving forward.
Colorado Residents: typical pay range for this role will be from $80,000 - $150,000 depending on experience.
- Work with our small team to make a big difference
- Build software solutions that:
- Are clean and intuitive
- Improve business processes
- Interact with data from multiple systems
- Work with other departments to help define product requirements
- Provide recommendations for improving systems and processes
- Write clean, secure, testable code for a diverse ecosystem
- Develop and maintain Allo websites (Customer and Agent Portals) that support customer sign up and retention.
- Develop new greenfield solutions that integrate our various systems, OSS/BSS, TV, Internet, Phone, Sales and more. Our Team is in the middle of all ALLO integrations!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications or related field
- 5+ year software development experience showing progressive increase in responsibility and skill level
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable
- General internet and networking concepts
- Scripting languages such as Python
- AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, EKS, Appsynch/GraphQL, Amplify)
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL Database systems (DynamoDB, PostrgeSQL, Oracle)
- Experience with React testing tools, libraries and frameworks such as Jest, Cypress and React-testing-library
- QA/QC automation a plus
- Experience effectively debugging and troubleshooting issues throughout a full stack environment
- Practical experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST)
- Experience using CI/CD tools and systems such as GitLab
- Experience retrieving and manipulating data via direct SQL or through API programming
- Strong knowledge of the full software development lifecycle - exposure to agile, Kanban, iterative approaches to delivery preferred
- Understanding of version control systems
- Experience accessing data and application functionality through API interaction
- Knowledge of DevOps principles
- Ability to be on call for after-hours website and application support
- Ability to identify risks/issues and develop recommendations for resolution
- Communication and visualization
- Telco experience is a plus
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
There can be a lot of pressure that comes with a new year. New workout routine, new goals, and if you’re here reading this, perhaps a new job. Oh, and apparently a new variant. Take a second away from your gym selfie-filled Instagram feed and hear us out: Being in the beaut
Travel Required: NonePublic Trust: BI Full 6C (T4)Requisition Type: RegularGDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Sec
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.The pe
Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability and Results. Our ability to think big has enabled us to co
Piper Companies is seeking a Manager of Data Engineering for a growing technology driven organization. The Manager of Data Engineering role is a 100% remote role that can reside anywhere in the United States. The Manager of Data Engineering will be working with a team primarily b
Zachary Piper Solutions is currently looking for a full-time Full Stack Developer to join our innovative development team.You will work with your team and independently in all phases of the software development lifecycle for custom client/server web-based applications comprising.