WHO ARE YOU? A creative and collaborative Senior Software Engineer looking to have a key role by developing best-in-class solutions for a growing education-focused organization that values everything about you and what you bring to your work.
WHO ARE WE? We are passionate, innovative, lifelong learners, and creative thinkers working to develop culturally authentic language learning products for K-12 schools and universities.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ABOUT?
This Senior Software Engineer will join our Development team and assist with continuing to build our unique and industry leading online language education products.
OUR TECHNOLOGY STACK
- Languages/Frameworks: Ruby/Rails, JS, Vue
- Persistence: MySQL, Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Hosting: AWS
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle - from project planning and design, to implementation and release
- Collaborate with team members to deliver development projects on time and with efficiency
YOU MUST HAVE (MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- BA/BS in computer science or other related field, or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years professional experience with Ruby on Rails, Java, or Python required
- 1+ years of experience building and deploying high-capacity applications in cloud environments (AWS or GCP) required
- 1+ year(s) experience using source code management systems (i.e. Git/Github, or similar) required
IDEAL IF YOU HAVE or ARE (PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- A strong understanding of how to architect solutions for scalability and performance
- Experience with SQL, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch and command line *nix environments
- Experience in ed-tech, education, language-learning or similar industries
- Proficiency in Spanish or Mandarin
Remote: This role is fully remote and requires current residence in the United States of America.
Qualified applicants must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
OUR BENEFITS package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, commuter pass subsidies, generous employee referral bonuses, PTO and paid holidays.
This job posting and job descriptions are subject to change at any time.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Links to OFCCP EEO POSTER & SUPPLEMENT:
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
There can be a lot of pressure that comes with a new year. New workout routine, new goals, and if you’re here reading this, perhaps a new job. Oh, and apparently a new variant. Take a second away from your gym selfie-filled Instagram feed and hear us out: Being in the beaut
Travel Required: NonePublic Trust: BI Full 6C (T4)Requisition Type: RegularGDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Sec
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.The pe
Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability and Results. Our ability to think big has enabled us to co
Piper Companies is seeking a Manager of Data Engineering for a growing technology driven organization. The Manager of Data Engineering role is a 100% remote role that can reside anywhere in the United States. The Manager of Data Engineering will be working with a team primarily b
Senior Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)At CareAcademy, we’re helping to solve the direct care worker shortage and making a positive impact in the lives of people who need longer-term care. We’re a fast-growing venture-backed company in the growing health care market.