WHO ARE YOU? A creative and collaborative Senior Software Engineer looking to have a key role by developing best-in-class solutions for a growing education-focused organization that values everything about you and what you bring to your work.
WHO ARE WE? We are passionate, innovative, lifelong learners, and creative thinkers working to develop culturally authentic language learning products for K-12 schools and universities.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ABOUT?
This Senior Software Engineer will join our Development team and assist with continuing to build our unique and industry leading online language education products.
OUR TECHNOLOGY STACK
- Languages/Frameworks: Ruby/Rails, JS, Vue
- Persistence: MySQL, Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Hosting: AWS
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle - from project planning and design, to implementation and release
- Collaborate with team members to deliver development projects on time and with efficiency
YOU MUST HAVE (MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- BA/BS in computer science or other related field, or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years professional experience with Ruby on Rails, Java, or Python required
- 1+ years of experience building and deploying high-capacity applications in cloud environments (AWS or GCP) required
- 1+ year(s) experience using source code management systems (i.e. Git/Github, or similar) required
IDEAL IF YOU HAVE or ARE (PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- A strong understanding of how to architect solutions for scalability and performance
- Experience with SQL, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch and command line *nix environments
- Experience in ed-tech, education, language-learning or similar industries
- Proficiency in Spanish or Mandarin
Remote: This role is fully remote and requires current residence in the United States of America.
Qualified applicants must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
OUR BENEFITS package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, commuter pass subsidies, generous employee referral bonuses, PTO and paid holidays.
This job posting and job descriptions are subject to change at any time.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Links to OFCCP EEO POSTER & SUPPLEMENT:
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Mediavine is seeking a Support Engineer to join our Support team. Applicants must be based in the United States.About MediavineMediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 8,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and.
Bastian Solutions Software is expanding our software operations team in several of our regional offices. We are seeking eager individuals with strong technical aptitude who want to grow in the software field. This is a full time, entry-level project.
Summary of Responsibilities:Support all operational aspects of the Zelis payment system; inclusive of monitoring the system to ensure accurate file import and exportTroubleshoot files that error out and other Production related issues; escalate time-sensitive.
Piper Companies is looking for an IT Manager, Data for a leading pharmaceutical organization based in the Philadelphia, PA area.THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITYResponsibilities for the IT Manager, Data:You will lead developers, data engineers, DevOps, BA’s,.
Get To Know Us!GuideWell and its family of forward-thinking companies are focused on helping people and communities achieve better health and are at the forefront in the transformation of health care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, work-life.
Who We Are:CareAcademy provides high-quality, state-approved training for home care agencies, home health agencies, franchise systems, and payors that increases learner knowledge for better health outcomes. Nearly 300,000 learners have completed more.
More jobs by this company
WHO ARE YOU? A collaborative and strategic visionary looking to put their project management and technical skills to work in order to reach the program’s full potential and organization’s goals.WHO ARE WE? We are passionate, lifelong learners, and creative.