The Sr. SW Engineer creates and maintains innovative software solutions, which enhance efficiencies for customers and departments. This role focuses on the development, support, and maintenance of new and legacy web applications in a fast-paced, high-demand team environment to help the customer realize mission-enabling benefits from implementing leading-edge technologies.
*Work from home
*BECAUSE SECURITY CLEARANCE IS NECESSARY (we'll help you obtain, if you don't have it), MUST BE A US CITIZEN
*NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and interpret complex requirements from customers
- Ensure consistency with an established software development architecture
- Introduce new technologies and best practices as needed to solve business problems
- Be a part of the development team to create practical solutions in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Work under consultative or self-initiated direction to develop innovative, data-driven software solutions that enable efficiency or complicated analysis
- Interface with various company departments and end-users to gather business requirements used to develop useful data capture tools, data manipulations, data views, and tracking mechanisms.
- Design elegant and understandable code with clear process flow and version control.
- Create efficient front-end designs and UI/UX.
- Learn new development techniques and programming languages as the field continues to evolve and company needs dictated.
- Enhance existing systems through regular communication with key stakeholders, analysis, modification, and improvement.
- Establish and maintain written processes and systems to identify and correct software defects.
- Convert current stopgap solutions to long term assets.
- Create new and enhance existing operational documentation.
- Document lessons learned and incorporate learnings into future work
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the company's SDLC
- Participate in cross-functional project teams as required.
- Consult closely with the Manager of Software Solutions on projects, milestones, and tasks.
- Comply with all State and Federal regulations and abide by company policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- 2+ years of related programming experience; .Net, C#, Python, MSSQL/MySQL
- Experience developing and maintaining software solutions that encompass both database and Windows application solutions
- Experience with project management and Agile methodologies
- Experience using manipulating and presenting data using MS Excel. Experience with MS Office and Visio.
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) (Database Development/Management, Computer Programming or Computer Science or related) with 2 years coding experience; or an Associate degree with 4 years coding experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills to coordinate development efforts with all stakeholders and team members.
Strong team player; ability to collaborate with internal clients and other cross-functional departments. Must write succinctly and clearly and explain complex situations in plain English to technical and non-technical audiences.
Other Skills and Abilities, Qualifications:
- Ability to explain and demonstrate highly technical concepts and applications to team members of varying technical familiarity
- Software Expertise
- Visual Studio 2015 and later
- MS Excel
- MS Access
- Programming Experience
- C#, .NET, WPF
- 4D preferred
- Batch/Shell scripting
- Familiarity with Atlassian Products (especially JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to coordinate development efforts with all stakeholders and team members.
- Ability to write technical documentation to support version control, department SOPs, and collaboration with external entities
- Demonstrated development of multiple stable and widely used applications preferred
- Expert working knowledge of Atlassian Products (especially JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket) preferred
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance(s)
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A competitive salary, attractive fringe benefits, flexible working hours and training to assure the quality this organization is known for worldwide. We have attractive office locations and working conditions.
Committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Developer: 4 years (Preferred)
- MySQL or SQL Server: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Mediavine is seeking a Support Engineer to join our Support team. Applicants must be based in the United States.About MediavineMediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 8,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and.
Bastian Solutions Software is expanding our software operations team in several of our regional offices. We are seeking eager individuals with strong technical aptitude who want to grow in the software field. This is a full time, entry-level project.
Summary of Responsibilities:Support all operational aspects of the Zelis payment system; inclusive of monitoring the system to ensure accurate file import and exportTroubleshoot files that error out and other Production related issues; escalate time-sensitive.
Piper Companies is looking for an IT Manager, Data for a leading pharmaceutical organization based in the Philadelphia, PA area.THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITYResponsibilities for the IT Manager, Data:You will lead developers, data engineers, DevOps, BA’s,.
Get To Know Us!GuideWell and its family of forward-thinking companies are focused on helping people and communities achieve better health and are at the forefront in the transformation of health care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, work-life.
Are you interested in:Building tools using advanced quantitative techniques, and brainstorming with thought leaders to find the optimal solutions to Life Sciences companies’ planning needs.Writing sophisticated and elegant code to implement solutions..