The Blackbaud CRM (BBCRM) Developer will work in a team environment to support Shriners Hospitals for Children’s existing and future application systems, with a focus on Blackbaud CRM. The BBCRM Developer will be expected to participate in the requirements gathering process, solution design, development, quality assurance, and deployment. The BBCRM Developer is responsible for the successful delivery of new application features, integrations between applications, integrations with data vendors, and defect fixing of existing applications. In this role, time will be spent producing data exports & reports that various areas of the organization can analyze. In addition, the BBCRM Developer will be expected to spend some time on customary Technical Lead duties, which will include: Mentoring other team members and providing technical guidance, helping to establish best practices and policies relating to software development Code reviews.
Shriners Hospitals for Children is an EOE/Drug-Free, Smoke-Free Workplace
Reports and Queries (30%)
Will build and maintain advanced ad-hoc and smart queries as per end users requests. Pull data for CDO and prospect research team. Build reports for field staff to analyze and executive review using SSRS or 3rd party reporting software. Create and maintain technical documentation as needed.
Data Integrations (30%)
Maintain existing integrations with Import Omatic. Build new integrations via API and/or file transfer. Upload and download files via SFTP software to/from 3rd party vendors. Continually work with all donor relation teams to facilitate changes and improvements they may need in the import processes. Participate in planning meetings with staff and external vendors. Ensure that import processes maintain data integrity.
Database Maintenance and Customization Builds (30%)
Maintain existing BBCRM customizations including, but not limited to, dashboards, user interface changes and custom data forms. Using the Blackbaud SDK, create new customizations as per end user request. Use SQL queries and scripts to clean up dirty data and build front end facing data clean up areas.
Advanced Database Training (10%)
Mentoring other team members and providing technical guidance. Helping to establish best practices and policies relating to software development Code reviews. Attend BBCRM developers conference and work with other BBCRM customers to update current skill set.
THE QUALIFIED CANDIDATE WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- 2 years of experience developing custom features for the Blackbaud CRM application using Blackbaud’s Software Development Kit (SDK)
- 5 years of experience developing with an object-oriented language such as VB, .NET or C#, HML, CSS, XML
- 5 years of experience developing against MS SQL Server and full knowledge of T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS
- 5 years of Advanced Microsoft Excel experience required
- Familiarity with API integrations is required
- Experience with creating Tableau reports and dashboards a plus
- Knowledge of non-profit healthcare philanthropy a plus
- Working Knowledge of Import Omatic is preferred
- ServiceNow Incident Tracking system experience is a plus
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED/PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field required (or commensurate experience if not related to degree)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES:
- SHC and Fraternal Environments. Knowledge of the Hospital and Fraternal mission. Knowledge of Shriners donations and awards processes and procedures. Familiar with/possesses a general knowledge of development and donor relations functions, terms and concepts.
- Customer and Personal Service. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes assessing customer needs, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Computers. Technical knowledge of BBCRM, Classy, and other Shriners systems. Possesses knowledge and systems proficiency as well as the logical ability to use MS Office Suite and other appropriate software packages [i.e., Adobe, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and WebEx]. SQL server (T-SQL) experience required. Advanced Excel experience is required.
- Donor Development. Must possess knowledge of fundraising principles and practices.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Active listening. Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Confidentiality. Demonstrates credibility, calm and sense of purpose during stressful situations. Demonstrates the understanding of confidentiality concerning internal and external Hospital and Fraternal customers and business partners.
- Time Management. Manages one's own time and the time of others, as required. Demonstrates the ability to prioritize, problem solve and make decisions in a timely manner. Follow escalation processes. Assures the Development and Donor Relations Department is secure with all urgent needs met by the end of the day.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving. Uses logic and reasoning for approaches to problems. Readily accepts new challenges, work assignments and establish the most effective way to address new issues, actions, activities and challenges. Thinks quickly and respond rationally and politely to inquires, work demands, new work and changes in direction including aggressive deadlines.
- Active Learning. Ability to learn quickly. Understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making. Proactively seeks opportunities for acquiring additional knowledge and skills, including cross-training with other Development and Donor Relations Department staff.
- Coordination and Personal Networking. Adjusts actions in relation to others' actions. Shows the ability to network internal and external to the Shrine, as required.
- Conflict Resolution. Demonstrated ability to quickly identify root causes of issues, potential mitigation strategies, and effectively solve conflicts as they arise.
- Monitoring. Monitors/assesses personal performance to make improvements or take corrective action. Responds to requests quickly. Keeps managers abreast of status of work activities and issues for resolution. Proactively seeks feedback to support professional development.
- Organized and Detailed Focused. Maintain meticulous records so that information about donors is found quickly and efficiently.
- Service Orientation. Actively looking for ways to help donors and Shriners colleagues. Thinks quickly and responds rationally and politely to inquires, work demands, new work or changes in direction. Demonstrated ability to respond to requests quickly and accurately.
Current full Covid vaccination status required
- Api Integrations
- Blackbaud Crm
- Ms Sql Server
LocationWork From Home, GA
Job TypeNonprofit - Social Services
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
There can be a lot of pressure that comes with a new year. New workout routine, new goals, and if you’re here reading this, perhaps a new job. Oh, and apparently a new variant. Take a second away from your gym selfie-filled Instagram feed and hear us out: Being in the beaut
Travel Required: NonePublic Trust: BI Full 6C (T4)Requisition Type: RegularGDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Sec
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.The pe
Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability and Results. Our ability to think big has enabled us to co
Piper Companies is seeking a Manager of Data Engineering for a growing technology driven organization. The Manager of Data Engineering role is a 100% remote role that can reside anywhere in the United States. The Manager of Data Engineering will be working with a team primarily b
Piper Companies is looking for a Front End UI Developer in Philadelphia, PA (100% remote) for a leading financial lender located in Oaks, PAThis position is 100% remoteResponsibilities for the Front End UI Developer include: 3 years’ experience with both visual design and f