The Research and Development (R&D) department at SCS Global Services (SCS) has one mandate: create disruptive new services that enable a more sustainable future. The R&D department has launched multiple new programs within SCS – for example, see our Sustainably Grown diamond program and Climate Change Innovation programs.
As Innovation Software Engineer, you will work with the rest of the R&D team to create new services and tools for SCS, and improve current ones, and will be involved in the process from concept to launch to refinement. You will
- Help identify new technologies that support innovation;
- Define and build new features or applications based on technology and business needs;
- Help the service development process, from ideating, building minimum viable products, to creating more scalable solutions;
- Build and iterate on software prototypes and have a startup mentality; and
- Build custom algorithms, dig into data for insights, help to create systems to analyze real-world data, and build engaging interfaces in collaboration with our design team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with R&D in the service development process: idea creation, screening, business planning, prototype development, program launch
- Build systems to interact with external databases of our clients and partners
- Create tools for our clients to easily input data
- Build innovative new real-world auditing solutions
- Interact directly with prospective clients and partners to test idea concepts in the real world
- Take R&D’s concepts and help bring them into the real world
- Serve as a R&D team member with expertise in software domain
Technical proficiency in computer programming
- 2+ years of experience coding in Python, PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, PHP, and HTML
- 2+ years of experience using Git and GitHub for source code management
- 2+ years of database administration, PostgreSQL and MySQL preferred
- 2+ years of Linux experience, Ubuntu Desktop and Server preferred
- 2+ years of Microsoft Azure experience: databases, function apps, web services
- Familiarity with PyCharm, PhpStorm, DataGrip, Visual Studio Code, PgAdmin4, phpMySQL
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- A proven fast learner
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Experience in product design and development a plus.
- Experience writing code for full-functioning software prototypes and services a plus
- Full professional fluency in English
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered, unless precluded by local and national jurisdiction. Pursuant to local and national law-proof of vaccination required. Medical and religious accommodations will also be considered.
Office work primarily.
SCS Global Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SCS Global Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
There can be a lot of pressure that comes with a new year. New workout routine, new goals, and if you’re here reading this, perhaps a new job. Oh, and apparently a new variant. Take a second away from your gym selfie-filled Instagram feed and hear us out: Being in the beaut
Travel Required: NonePublic Trust: BI Full 6C (T4)Requisition Type: RegularGDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Sec
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.The pe
Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability and Results. Our ability to think big has enabled us to co
Piper Companies is seeking a Manager of Data Engineering for a growing technology driven organization. The Manager of Data Engineering role is a 100% remote role that can reside anywhere in the United States. The Manager of Data Engineering will be working with a team primarily b