The Data Conversion Specialist is responsible for analyzing data from legacy vendor applications and converting it to the corresponding OP database tables with as high fidelity as possible. The Data Conversion Specialist will have a strong command of relational database concepts, extensive data analysis skills, and basic familiarity with EHR usage and concepts. Close collaboration with the assigned Implementation Project Manager (IPM) is required. Due to the nature of most conversion projects, availability during evening and weekend hours is required. This is a client-facing role therefore, strong communication skills are imperative.
This can be a remote based position.
Essential Functions / Tasks / Duties / Responsibilities:
- Analyze flat files and databases from other products to import existing patient demographics and medical records into Office Practicum.
- Review patient data specs to convert data into a readable format for Office Practicum.
- Work with clients and vendors using ETL tools (Pentaho Kettle) to extract, analyze and import data into Office Practicum prior to go-live date.
- Work with business stakeholders to assist with data modeling, or outlining the data requirements to support business processes.
- Develop source-to-target mapping, or data transformation instructions that outline how to convert data in the source system to the target system as well as map the data values.
- Complete test runs on data conversions for import accuracy.
- Work with Implementation leadership to recommend and implement improvements to the data conversion process.
- Document and update work performed in Salesforce to keep OP staff apprised of conversion progress.
- Independently manage multiple projects at varying stages of completion.
- Work according to the timeline and expectation designated by the client and effectively address delays or complications.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Data Conversion Supervisor and/or Implementation Technical Manager.
- Technology proficiency, including:
- Working knowledge of SQL and Pentaho Kettle ETL
- Web-based and server-based applications
- XML and xpath knowledge
- Strong object oriented analysis and design skills
- Basic connectivity standards
- MySQL experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external project stakeholders with varied levels of exposure to technical software implementation.
- Customer engagement and service.
- Must be able to resolve data discrepancies with clients and answer follow-up questions, while maintaining a high-level of service and customer friendly manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Ability to successfully balance multiple priorities and projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to assume sole and independent responsibility completing various assigned project tasks.
- Results focused.
- Active listening.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in computer science or a related technical domain.
- 2 years prior ETL experience, preferably in healthcare IT administration or related discipline.
- Experience using ETL tools, including Pentaho Kettle, required
- MySQL experience
- Medical terminology knowledge
- EHR or other healthcare application experience
Work Environment / Physical demands/ Travel Requirements:
- Computer and telephone required to perform duties.
- Lifting requirements of no more than five pounds.
- Presence at the corporate office is preferred for optimal service results.
- Evening and weekend hours will be required periodically.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, national origin, non-job related handicap or disability, or the use of a guide or support animal, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age [18 and over] - [40 or over], physical or mental disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, marital status, protected action, concerted activity, or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
You may discuss equal employment opportunity related questions with your supervisor or any other member of management.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement:
Our company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities, which may include providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. In general, it is your responsibility to notify your supervisor of the need for accommodation. Upon doing so, your supervisor may ask you for your input or the type of accommodation you believe may be necessary or the functional limitations caused by your disability. Also, when appropriate, we may need your permission to obtain additional information from your physician or other medical or rehabilitation professionals.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
There can be a lot of pressure that comes with a new year. New workout routine, new goals, and if you’re here reading this, perhaps a new job. Oh, and apparently a new variant. Take a second away from your gym selfie-filled Instagram feed and hear us out: Being in the beaut
Travel Required: NonePublic Trust: BI Full 6C (T4)Requisition Type: RegularGDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Sec
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.The pe
Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability and Results. Our ability to think big has enabled us to co
Piper Companies is seeking a Manager of Data Engineering for a growing technology driven organization. The Manager of Data Engineering role is a 100% remote role that can reside anywhere in the United States. The Manager of Data Engineering will be working with a team primarily b
Tetrance is looking for Senior Software Engineers who see the big picture of Cloud Computing, Migrations and are deeply technical, creative, and hands-on. You will design, build, deploy and support highly scalable cloud-based, on-prem, and migrated solutions for our Clients. You.
Required skills and experience:1. Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related field2. Minimum of three (3) years of programming and/or systems analysis experience are preferred3. Background in technologies such as client/server, relational
Data Engineer (Healthcare) Hiring Now - Healthcare Data Engineer!!!***This is a remote position.***Must have SQL experience along with healthcare information experience.Job Type: Full-time, permanentSalary: Competitive payWork Hours/Schedule: Full TimeRequired Skills & Experience
Strong analytical skillsProficiency with MS Visio requiredStrong proficiency in business writingBusiness requirement gathering and reportingExcellent documentation abilitiesProficiency with ARIS modeling preferredStrong analytical skillsProficiency with MS Visio requiredStrong
We are a young and unconventional software company created in 2011 by experienced pricing software and pricing consulting professionals. As the first pureplay, native Cloud and SaaS provider in our industry, Pricefx became and intends to stay the leading SaaS Pricing (Price Optim
More jobs by this company
Job Description:The Marketing Demand Generation Specialist will work with our Marketing, Sales, and Account Management teams to increase lead generation. You will work to understand the buyer's journey and create marketing content to nurture the customer through every stage of th