Under general direction, primarily responsible for activities related to the design, development, implementation, and support of the data warehouse.
- Participates in the design of the technical and information architecture for the data warehouse, including all information structures (staging area, data warehouse, data marts, and operational data stores).
- Maintains and updates enterprisewide data modeling and database design.
- Creates logical and physical data models, mapping logical to physical.
- Designs, develops, tests, monitors, manages, and validates data warehouse activity, including data extraction, transformation, movement, loading, cleansing and updating processes.
- Coordinates with business, operations and engineering stakeholders to ensure overall requirements, health and performance of the data warehouse environment.
- Works with end users to translate business questions and requirements into applications that employ the appropriate reporting tools.
- Assists in monitoring system performance, reliability, availability, and recoverability of the DW environment.
- Assists in the evaluation, selection, testing, and optimization of BI/DW related hardware and software products.
- Develops and applies sound fundamental design, analysis, and data administration concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Designs and develops BI reporting deliverables.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and relevant business experience.
- Five or more years of experience with data warehousing and business intelligence and/or large and complex database management systems.
- Strong relational and dimensional data modeling and database design skills.
- Handson experience using ETL tools
- Strong database schema design experience
- Working knowledge of data warehouse approaches and development.
- Customeroriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly effective analytical, decisionmaking, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to investigate complex business problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate and/or present solutions, and resolve problems in a highly professional and tactful manner.
- Highly organized and able to set priorities effectively.
Preferred candidate experience
- Experience developing data warehouses using AWS cloud based ETL, storage and analytic services. Athena, Glue, RDS, RedShift, etc.
- Experience with MySql
- Experience in Healthcare sector.
- Strong knowledge of policies and best practices governing the handling of PHI
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $65.00 - $70.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
There can be a lot of pressure that comes with a new year. New workout routine, new goals, and if you’re here reading this, perhaps a new job. Oh, and apparently a new variant. Take a second away from your gym selfie-filled Instagram feed and hear us out: Being in the beaut
Travel Required: NonePublic Trust: BI Full 6C (T4)Requisition Type: RegularGDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Sec
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.The pe
Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability and Results. Our ability to think big has enabled us to co
Piper Companies is seeking a Manager of Data Engineering for a growing technology driven organization. The Manager of Data Engineering role is a 100% remote role that can reside anywhere in the United States. The Manager of Data Engineering will be working with a team primarily b
This is a contingent position.The REMOTE Principal Software Engineer/People Soft Developer will provide software development and maintenance support for the PeopleSoft Finance Supply Chain Management software modules.Responsibilities:Responsible for performing assigned production
SitusAMC provides industry-leading services and innovative technologies for the real estate finance industry. We are a nearly $2B Global company with 7200 Employees Globally and growing.The Future will be digitally driven. We are transforming the industry through technologies tha
Techstra is seeking an experienced Sr. Enterprise Software Architect who uses their broad enterprise knowledge and expertise to design and architect technology based solutions. In this pivotal role, you will engage various Application support teams and focus on defining the archi
TCG is an award-winning Government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a Junior Financial Systems Developer to join our team supporting OneStream Corporate Performance Management (CPM) implementation activities for a major Federal agency. In this capacity, TCG is helping our fe
8 years ETL development experience5 years full-time experience with ODI 11g, BIACM, and FSMFamiliarity with PeopleSoft 9.0 and 9.2Able to Re-engineer current ETLs to perform to the future level of PeopleSoft 9.2 to acceptable service levelsFamiliarity with the OBIA structure, esp