Tired of knowing exactly what you are going to be doing at work for the next day, week, month, year? Looking for a position that will allow you to use your creative skills? Do you have the desire to expand your knowledge beyond the day to day task lists? Have you ever wanted to work with all the different features of SQL Server but have been held back by corporate structure?
We are looking for a SQL Server DBA who excels in great customer service with a strong technical knowledge to help our customers get the best out of their system. An individual who is motivated to find the root cause solutions and who likes to take on an unknown issue as a challenge and a chance to expand their knowledge. The ideal candidate would like to work problems on their own, but knows they have a team of experienced DBAs to fall back on for guidance and suggestions.
This is not a contract. It is a full time salaried position. - I am unable to sponsor or transfer Visas -Opportunity is remote - It will continue to be remote after COVID when safe (with an occasional travel) though you must still reside within the USA. Candidates must be able to pass a 10-year background check.
Please note: Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a United States Citizen
General Overview of position
- Production support position.
- Supporting multiple customers in multiple SQL Server environments
- Environments are on prem, hosting and in the cloud.
- Performance troubleshooting
- Health Checks
- Architecture design
- General production support.
- Phone support of technologies
- Some Dev opportunities available
Shift Work: This position is from 10pm - 9am Mountain time. It is a rotating schedule which will come out to 4 days one week and 3 days the next week. A 2 week cycle looks like: 2 days on\2 days off\1 day on\2 days off\2 days off\2 days on\1 day off\2 days on.
DBA Experienced with:
- MINIMUM 5 YRS SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016,2017,2019 DBA experience (Sr. level)
- Must communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and written
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and research technical issues.
- High level problem determination and resolution skills
- Deployment and upgrade of engine & clients
- Experience with SSIS Packages, T-SQL, stored procedures, triggers, views, constraints and functions
- Tuning reviews/assessments (DB and SQL tuning), and query monitoring
- Backup and recovery, high availability/Cluster, AlwaysOn and DR
- Assisting, troubleshooting and guiding technical and non-technical resources with any issues
- Ability to provide configuration, monitoring and on-call support for development, test, and production environments
- Microsoft Certifications a plus
- Cloud experience a plus
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services a plus
- Experience with SQL 2000 and 2005 a plus.
- Other DB platform (Informix, Oracle, DB2 LUW, PostgreSQL or MySQL) experience/certifications a plus
- Technical support or call center support experience a plus
- Advanced Database tuning expertise a plus
- Optimizing loads of large volumes of data into a database a plus
- Migrations experience a plus
- Experience coding stored procedures, triggers
- Professional Consulting Experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Night shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- SQL Server DBA: 5 years (Preferred)
- Production DBA: 4 years (Preferred)
- Performance tuning: 3 years (Preferred)
- Backup and Recovery: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
There can be a lot of pressure that comes with a new year. New workout routine, new goals, and if you’re here reading this, perhaps a new job. Oh, and apparently a new variant. Take a second away from your gym selfie-filled Instagram feed and hear us out: Being in the beaut
Travel Required: NonePublic Trust: BI Full 6C (T4)Requisition Type: RegularGDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Sec
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.The pe
Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability and Results. Our ability to think big has enabled us to co
Piper Companies is seeking a Manager of Data Engineering for a growing technology driven organization. The Manager of Data Engineering role is a 100% remote role that can reside anywhere in the United States. The Manager of Data Engineering will be working with a team primarily b
Description:Summary: Asset Database Analyst will be responsible for accurate and timely report generation and asset tracking. Specific duties will include facilitating the processing of incoming tickets for ITAM support, maintaining the asset tracking databases for warehouse; ass
Title: Oracle DBA ConsultantHours flexible: 20-24 hours a monthLocation: RemoteWe are looking for a seasoned Oracle Database Administrator to support Internal and Client production databases. The Oracle DBA will demonstrate an elevated commitment to customer service, will possess
Overview:Axim Geospatial’s (Axim) mission is to use our expertise to provide clarity and solutions to help our customers solve the world’s national security, infrastructure, and environmental problems. We are the largest singular provider of end-to-end geospatial serv
As the Database Administrator, you will bring your SQL Server experience providing day-to-day support to the IT team creating the next generation of cloud and mobile-based logistics applications. This is a unique opportunity for an individual seeking new challenges and broad data
**NO 3rd PARTY APPLICATIONS-DIRECT SUBMISSIONS ONLY**Job Title: Senior Database AdministratorNo Sponsorship-U.S. Citizen or Full Green Card Holder Only (No 3rd Party Submissions)Status: Full-Time Employment, Contract (1099), Contract (1099) to HireLocation: Remote/Occasionally On
More jobs by this company
Our Oracle Practice is adding to our remote team!XTIVIA is looking to add a dynamic Oracle Senior DBA who excels in great customer service with strong technical knowledge to help our customers get the best out of their database environments. An individual who is motivated to find
Remote Senior DevOps Engineer - Must reside in the USA. This is a full-time salaried benefited position, not a contract.As an XTIVIA DevOps Engineer, you will provision, enhance, and maintain cloud and on-premise infrastructure for our clients on both small and large-scale projec