Who We Are
M2GEN is seeking people who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of cancer patients and who want to join a science-focused and purpose-driven team. In order to be a leader in creating and delivering health informatics solutions through evidence-based approaches to predict and meet the needs of cancer patients, we need an all-star team. Be part of the cure by joining M2GEN's team and impacting the future of cancer care.
We are a fast‑growing company and if you are interested in data, science, or medicine and want to help us make precision medicine a reality, review our current open positions and apply today. https://www.m2gen.com/
What You’ll Do
M2Gen is hiring a Cancer Knowledge Base Developer who will be responsible for development of a comprehensive knowledge base that incorporates all critical data for cancer genomics and genetics, cancer cell evolution, disease progression and response to treatments. Specific duties include evaluating approaches, data models and platforms for a cancer knowledge base, integrating internal and external molecular and clinical datasets, and enabling functionality that describe and predict cancer response and evolution under various treatments/conditions.
The Cancer Knowledge Base Developer works as part of the Science and Innovation group, as well as collaboratively with the M2GEN Engineering and Clinical Data teams, and externally with service and technology vendors to coordinate key operational aspects of deriving clinical significance from tumor/normal whole exome and tumor-only RNA sequencing assays. As part of the Science and Innovation - Data Integration and Platform Informatics team, you will be responsible for evaluating disparate databases and developing an aggregate knowledge base to inform on the function of somatic mutations and their therapeutic implications (if applicable). This position will directly contribute toward the evolution of our infrastructure that enables insight into cancer genes and their function, genetic alternations, frequencies and outcomes, therapeutic implications, and FDA-approved drugs or investigational agents in clinical trials.
Who You Are
The candidate should be experienced in medical informatics (oncology specific), database management, and data analysis using R.
- A clinical and molecular data analyst committed to applying programming and database skills for research discovery and clinical benefit
- Interested in aggregating large clinic-genomic datasets and the development of transformative inferences
- An experienced biostatistician, data wrangler and database programmer in cancer medical informatics
- Effective communicator with experience in result/conclusion visualizations, presentations, reports using business intelligence tools, such as: Power BI or Qlik
- Familiar with source control systems, as well as software testing methodologies and concepts
- A person who enjoys working in a team, is self-motivated, can manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and can solve problems independently
What You Need
- Masters or PhD in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or other applied science with knowledge base development experience
- Experience with SQL, ETL data synchronization
- Experience with SAS, Tableau, Power BI, and continuous development/deployment tools, such as: JIRA/Confluence or MS DevOps
- Experience with clinical/hospital electronic medical record (EMR) systems, such as: Epic, Allscripts
- Advanced knowledge of scripting and programming languages such as Python and R
- Ability to apply troubleshooting techniques to resolve complex, cross functional issues
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with both clinical researchers and IT professionals
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
There can be a lot of pressure that comes with a new year. New workout routine, new goals, and if you’re here reading this, perhaps a new job. Oh, and apparently a new variant. Take a second away from your gym selfie-filled Instagram feed and hear us out: Being in the beaut
Travel Required: NonePublic Trust: BI Full 6C (T4)Requisition Type: RegularGDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Sec
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.The pe
Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability and Results. Our ability to think big has enabled us to co
Piper Companies is seeking a Manager of Data Engineering for a growing technology driven organization. The Manager of Data Engineering role is a 100% remote role that can reside anywhere in the United States. The Manager of Data Engineering will be working with a team primarily b
Are you ready to advance your career at a Fortune 100 company?Our Personal Lines Rating Tools team is seeking an analytics technology expert to join the team. Our team is at the exciting intersection of software engineering and product management and is instrumental in launching.
Job Introduction:Maximus is looking for a Remote Hadoop Developer. The Hadoop Developer will work on a variety of projects in the Cloudera Hadoop (CDP 7.x) environment. This individual will be required to work with both business and IT areas to develop solutions from design throu
This is a fully remote position About GovCIO There's one thing that unites everyone at GovCIO-we are Transformers. GovCIO aims to transform government IT by delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day. We believe in maki
From the Lloyd’s of London coffee shop to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there's a
Data Engineer / Teradata Subject Matter Expert US Citizen OnlyJob responsibilities: Provide Teradata administrationDesign and develop data integration/ engineering workflows on big data technologies and platforms (Spark, Hive).Support general ETL activities including building end