Data Conversion Developer
Harris Govern - Remote
We are seeking a Data Conversion Developer to join our team to work closely with a group of talented Business Analysts and Technical Specialists.
You will be responsible for applying your technical skills to adapt data to established business rules and migrate that data into any one of our three product lines using T-SQL and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States or Canada.
What your impact will be:
- Document customer data requirements and work with the project management team to determine out of scope items.
- Develop/test/execute data conversion routines within an established conversion framework in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and maintain internal and customer-facing conversion documentation.
- Convert data from multiple data sources into Microsoft SQL Server.
- Create Complex T-SQL scripts with limited assistance
- Write and maintain automation scripts using Windows PowerShell.
- Verify data integrity and identify data cleanliness issues.
- Reconcile converted data to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate effectively with management.
- Develop good working relationships with departmental staff in order to troubleshoot technical and functional issues that may arise during the implementation process.
What we are looking for:
- Min 5 years of experience in data conversion or a related field utilizing T-SQL.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in T-SQL with the ability to create and edit complex queries, dynamic SQL, views, functions, and stored procedures
- Solid grasp of SET based coding methodology and relational database structures.
- Familiarity with a variety of database types and interfaces (Microsoft Access, Oracle, AS400, various text formats).
- Strong troubleshooting skills and analytical thinking to resolve issues.
- Positive, proactive, take charge attitude and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines for multiple, concurrent projects.
- Ability to quickly gain working knowledge of product, interpret requirements, and recommend solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to be coached and mentored and driven to reach your fullest potential.
- Ability to travel up to 20% to customer sites as required.
What will make you stand out:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or Information Technology, equivalent work experience, or certifications and technical training (Microsoft Certification is a plus)
- Experience with Windows PowerShell and source control software.
- Understanding of general business and accounting principles and practices sufficient to manage accounting related data.
- Experience with local government applications, especially related to property tax assessment and collection, is a plus.
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- A casual work environment
- Full range of employee benefits 401(k), Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, AD&D)
- Paid Vacation
Since 1975, Harris Govern has provided end-to-end software for hundreds of Local Government agencies in the United States and Canada. Our systems help agencies increase revenue and efficiencies through workflow automation, GIS integration, and document management.
Reference ID: R0013811
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- SQL: 4 years (Preferred)
- SET-based coding methodology: 3 years (Preferred)
- Oracle: 3 years (Preferred)
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
There can be a lot of pressure that comes with a new year. New workout routine, new goals, and if you’re here reading this, perhaps a new job. Oh, and apparently a new variant. Take a second away from your gym selfie-filled Instagram feed and hear us out: Being in the beaut
Travel Required: NonePublic Trust: BI Full 6C (T4)Requisition Type: RegularGDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Sec
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.The pe
Alvaria employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values Urgency, Accountability and Results. Our ability to think big has enabled us to co
Piper Companies is seeking a Manager of Data Engineering for a growing technology driven organization. The Manager of Data Engineering role is a 100% remote role that can reside anywhere in the United States. The Manager of Data Engineering will be working with a team primarily b
Company OverviewThe Enlyte Family of BusinessesMitchell | Genex | Coventry Enlyte is the parent brand of Mitchell, Genex and Coventry, an organization unlike any other in the Property & Casualty industry, bringing together three great businesses with a shared vision of using tech
Sr. Developer for OpenText xPression - RemoteJob Number: 220040Primary Location: US-RemoteJoin the Documents and Forms team as an Application Developer working on critical customer communications with our OpenText xPression Suite. Our team uses xDesign in concert with OpenText xP
Who We Are:Cardinal Financial is a nationwide direct mortgage lender that focuses on creating solutions for our borrowers, partners, and employees—to provide the very best experience. We are genuine and hard-working individuals who are not scared to improve and intentionall
This is a contingent position.The REMOTE Principal Software Engineer/People Soft Developer will provide software development and maintenance support for the PeopleSoft Finance Supply Chain Management software modules.Responsibilities:Responsible for performing assigned production
SitusAMC provides industry-leading services and innovative technologies for the real estate finance industry. We are a nearly $2B Global company with 7200 Employees Globally and growing.The Future will be digitally driven. We are transforming the industry through technologies tha