Piper Companies is looking for Software Tester for a leading provider of title insurance, technology and transaction services to the real estate and mortgage industries located in the Philadelphia area.
This position is 100% remote
The Software Engineer in Test is responsible for delivering quality, well-tested APIs, data processes and end-user products to production using testing automation tools. The Software Engineer in Test contributes to Radian's overall test automation frameworks. This role will work closely with Development and Infrastructure teams to define and implement an overall test automation infrastructure.
The Software Engineer in Test should be able to work well within a team and independently. The candidate should have extensive experience with writing automated test scripts using one of the languages from SQL, ANSI SQL, .Net (C#), Java, Python, and business intelligence solutions. The candidate should have extensive knowledge on automated testing frameworks. Should be able to use independent problem-solving skills and be able to break down complex problems into elegant, testable pieces.
See Your Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Business Process Engineers to analyze and understand the business requirements, devise a test strategy that adequately covers the requirements. Breakdown the requirements into testable pieces, design and write automated and manual (where applicable) test cases, integration test, functional and smoke tests, acceptance, and regression tests.
- Write automated scripts based on the project domain, gather and report metrics.
- Identify test cases that needs to be updated/replaced in automated scripts as per defects, project requirements, updates etc.
- Contributes to the management of testing environments and the automated deployment of updates for testing purposes. Help evolve the team’s tools & techniques in the areas of quality assurance and documentation
- Participate in estimation activities for project scope and schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
See the Job Specifications
- Hands-on experience building test automation systems in a software engineering role.
- Strong coding aptitude at a testing level is a must.
- Strong experience with C#, Java, Python, SQL, Shell scripting and java scripting
- Building tests / testing software with tools that include Python, Java, Perl, Java Script, and Shell Scripting – ability to write testing code
- General knowledge of all areas listed below is critical. While expertise in each area is not required for the role, an understanding of how the following technologies work tougher is important.
o Building tests / testing with tools that include Python, Java, Perl, Java Script, and Shell Scripting – ability to write testing code.
o Java/Studio, C#, .NET, SQL Server, and VB scripting
o CI tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
o GUI automated tools such as Coded UI, Selenium, UFT
o Performance profiling and monitoring tools
o Source control systems, Git, Bitbucket, or similar
o Soap UI
- In-depth understanding of a variety of automation tools from Unit testing to GUI level automation.
- Understands source control management and build processes.
- Experience successfully applying Agile/Scrum methodology to develop and execute software test automation including continuous integration and test-driven development.
- Proven experience assessing and implementing automation methodologies and best practices, including training, change management, and process/procedure documentation
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to create detailed test automation scripts capable of validating functional, integration, smoke, regression testing and advanced calculations.
- Must be able to own the QA role throughout each project including but not limited to: consume requirements, write and execute tests (manual and automated), monitor testing progress, report status, find and log defects, track defect fixes, gather and report metrics, choose when and what to re-test, collaborate with team members, monitor project progress, incorporate schedule and scope changes, shepherd the product to delivery, be responsible for quality.
- Good Test Management skills using Jira/Confluence
- Experience using MS SQL, MS Excel, MS Visio skills
- Maintain the test automation library; update/retire existing tests.
- Ability to build subject matter expertise for the resources under test and use that expertise in QA activities.
- Review test artifacts with QA and development team members and edit accordingly.
- Ability to promote process improvement and be an advocate for change
- Effectively manages priorities across multiple concurrent workstreams
- Ability to work well in fast-paced, dynamic settings.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Proven track record of strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding on AI Applications preferred, but not required.
- Basic knowledge on AWS Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices, or Azure Cloud services preferred, but not required.
- Agile and SDLC experience at least 2+ years
Education, Certifications and Prior Work-Related Experience:
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Work Experience: 4 or more years of prior work1-related experience
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Travel Required: Less than 10%Requisition Type: PipelineWe are GDIT Technology Shared Services. We build cutting-edge applications for the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. Bring your creativity to help us.
Title : Network EngineerLocation can be Remote (Preferable East Coast)Hourly Rate : On C2CC2H, FTESkills Needed : Python, Linux, Bash scripting or MySQL, NetworkingQualificationsDemonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting.
We’re looking for talented professionals, anywhere in the United States, to join us in bringing smart money management and payment solutions to everyone’s fingertips.At Green Dot, we are evolving to a new and permanent “Work from Anywhere” model designed.
We are seeking a UI/API Tester to join one of our clients for the remote position.Position Overview/Responsibilities UI/API Tester :Interact well with the scrum team and follow both Product Owner as neededBe proficient in API automation using tools such.
The QA Engineer is the technical expert that drives technical direction within a discipline. Designs, documents and implements IT solutions.Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge to the completion of complex projects.About the role:Participate.
More jobs by this company
Piper Enterprise Solutions is seeking a skilled Data Engineer to join a leading consulting firm in the Maryland/Washington D.C. through a mainly REMOTE POSITION. The Data Engineer will help build modern data products that comprise of data lakes and cleansed.
Piper Enterprise Solutions is seeking a skilled Senior Full Stack LAMP Developer to join a custom software development company located in the Fredrick, MD through a FULLY REMOTE POSITION. The Senior Full Stack LAMP Developer will work in a highly collaborative.
Piper Companies is looking for a UI/UX Designer for a leading financial and mortgage services organization in the Philadelphia, PA area.THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITYResponsibilities for the UI/UX Designer:You will be responsible for conducting user research,.
Piper Companies is looking for a SQL Developer for a leading financial services organization in the Philadelphia, PA area.THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITYResponsibilities for the SQL Developer:You will be responsible for the delivery of critical product.
Piper Companies is looking for a Software Developer, EDI for a leading financial services organization in the Philadelphia, PA area.THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITYResponsibilities for the Software Developer, EDI:You will be responsible for the EDI development.
Piper Companies is seeking a REMOTE Vice President of Software Engineering/Domain Owner for a growing and innovative Insurance Service Organization. The VP of Software Engineering leads the delivery of next-gen software platforms for the business. The.
Piper Companies is looking for a Technical Scrum Master for a leading financial services organization in the Philadelphia, PA area.THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITYResponsibilities for the Technical Scrum Master:You will lead technical scrum teams through.
Piper Companies is currently seeking a Lead Java Developer for an opportunity in Philadelphia, PA for 100% permanently remote work. Lead Software Engineer will act as the lead developer for a suite of portal applications built on WebSphere/ Java J2EE.
Piper Companies is seeking a Remote Software Engineer (C++) to join an Information Technology company that works to provide the data and technology needed for trusted connections. The Software Engineer will have the responsibility of release management,.
Piper Companies is currently seeking a Python Engineer for a fully remote, direct hire opportunity with an innovative greenfield development team at a rapidly growing healthcare analytics startup. The Python Engineer will work with data pipelines, create.
Piper Companies is currently seeking an Associate Director of Clinical Quality Assurance for a remote opportunity to join a rapidly growing global biopharmaceutical company delivering life-changing therapies to patients with serious and rare diseases..
Piper Enterprise Solutions is seeking a REMOTE Business System Analyst-Property Insurance, P&C, Casualty Insurance is responsible for collaborating with the digital product managers (DPM), business system owners, and users to capture the right business.
Piper Companies is looking for a Azure Cloud Engineer for a leading wealth management organization in the Philadelphia, PA area.THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITYResponsibilities for the Azure Cloud Engineer:You will be a hands-on engineer that assists and.
Piper Companies is currently seeking an Application Engineer who can become deeply involved in exposing gesture enabled technologies to external stakeholders. The Application Engineer should expect 50% of their time to be interfacing externally with.
Piper Companies is seeking a Software Development Manager for a full-time, fully remote opportunity for a leading fintech company. The Software Development Manager will direct the development lifecycle of enterprise SaaS products, oversee integrations.
Piper Companies is seeking a Remote Site Reliability Engineer to join a SaaS company providing governance, risk, and compliance to leading organizations. The Site Reliability Engineer will develop automation to further goals towards IAC, self-healing.
Piper Companies is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to support machine learning research and development through data collection, signal processing, data mining/analysis, and model research. The Senior Data Scientist will collect/gather data used for.
Piper Companies is looking for a Assistant Director of Portfolio Risk Management for a wealth management organization located in Philadelphia, PA.This is a Remote Opportunity!Responsibilities for the Assistant Director of Portfolio Risk Management:Develop.
Piper Companies is seeking a Remote Chief Architect – Payment Processing for a worldwide technology organization. The VP - Chief Architect (Payment Switching Platform) can sit 100% remote and will need to work EST or CST work hours. The ideal candidate.
Piper Companies is looking for a Systems Engineer with expertise in End-User System design, and development, to join a growing Insurance Technology organization based in North Carolina. The Systems Engineer will join a team of 7 other engineers and will.
Piper Companies is seeking a fully remote Reverse Android Engineer for a highly desired company. The Reverse Android Engineer will conduct reverse engineering, security assessments, and code reviews. They conduct, collaborate, and assist with complex.
Piper Companies is seeking a Senior Data Scientist – Credit Risk Modeling to join one of the Nation’s Largest Credit Unions for an employment opportunity. The Senior Data Scientist will be working 100% remotely to develop and evaluate models to quantify.
Piper Companies is currently seeking a Observability ITOps Consultant. The Observability ITOps Consultant will operate inside organizations autonomously to create and implement beta and early release software and ensure proper feedback is gathered and.
Piper Companies is seeking a Firmware Engineering Team Lead in a fully remote environment to join a cutting-edge Technology and AI oriented company as a permanent/internal employee. The Firmware Engineer will support existing government contracts and.
Piper Companies is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer for an opportunity in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania for 100% permanently remote work. The DevOps Engineer will manage the software development lifecycle. They will make sure the software development team.
Piper Companies is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer/Automation Developer to join an innovative software company, relied on by more than 19,000 organizations in over 90 countries across the globe, for an employment opportunity. The Site Reliability.
Piper Companies is seeking a Salesforce Architect to join an industry leading Automobile Retailer as a permanent/internal employee. The Salesforce Architect will collaborate with various technology teams to lead the adoption of patterns, platforms, and.
Piper Companies is seeking a fully remote role of a Collibra Architect. The Collibra Architect will have a hands-on role responsibility to develop data architecture and modeling strategies, design, implement and support data architecture deliverables.
Piper Enterprise Solutions is searching for a Software Engineers (all experience levels) for a healthcare data and information company. These are 100% remote positions.Responsibilities for the Senior Software Engineer:The Software Engineers will be working.