Leads the Software Testing process for the Software Engineering department and manages the Software Testing professionals to ensure CIG’s software products are suitable for launch and functioning as expected in production. Selects and builds tools and methodologies to ensure comprehensive software testing practices exist and are followed to identify defects and comply with quality standards. Communicates well with all levels of management in the organization as well as vendors and business partners. Develops and maintains performance metrics. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Provides overall direction for software testing. This includes but is not limited to developing test strategies and test plans, training and supervising the testing staff, acquiring testing resources, defect/issue monitoring and review, and monitoring and reporting on software quality.
- Oversees software test development to ensure testing is completed correctly and on time. Determines staffing requirements and works with project management to establish achievable project deadlines. Guides and assist Software Testing team in achieving their testing objectives. Ensures CIG testing methodology is applied completely and effectively.
- Develops and maintains the suite of systems and methodologies required to perform comprehensive functional and non-functional software testing. Provides strong technical support, maintenance, training, and utilization of software testing systems.
- Evaluates the performance of members of the Software Testing team. Coaches team members on standards and procedures to help them achieve their goals and performance objectives. Assists with recruitment and interviewing of prospective candidates.
- Develops software quality metrics and communicates software testing and support status with management. Builds the necessary tools to inform project management and stakeholders of quality metrics and impacts to project timelines.
- Ensures Software Testing team effectively triages, evaluates, documents, and communicates software bugs and defects to development teams for inclusion in backlog prioritization. Works with Business Solutions management to ensure processes are in place for effective hand off from triage to backlog prioritization.
- Coordinates and/or provides training of new program developments to affected Departments. Coordinates or creates the appropriate documentation and schedules training sessions related to changes in procedures and functions, which are generated by new development and enhancement to existing systems. Coordinates with effected Departments to ensure that their staff is prepared to implement the new or enhanced systems.
- Information Systems or Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in software testing, test case development, and automated testing.
- 3+ years of management experience, training, and supervisory responsibilities.
- In depth knowledge of software testing methodologies, both automated and manual, as well as test case development and management, automated test frameworks, performance testing software, and issue tracking software.
- This is a remote position in one of the following 5 states: California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon or Arizona.
Nice to have:
- Insurance industry experience
- Working knowledge of Guidewire Insurance Suite
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Travel Required: Less than 10%Requisition Type: PipelineWe are GDIT Technology Shared Services. We build cutting-edge applications for the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. Bring your creativity to help us.
We are seeking a UI/API Tester to join one of our clients for the remote position.Position Overview/Responsibilities UI/API Tester :Interact well with the scrum team and follow both Product Owner as neededBe proficient in API automation using tools such.
About UsUbiquiti Inc. (UI) is focused on democratizing network technology on a global scale - aggregate shipments of over 108 million devices play a key role in creating networking infrastructure in over 200 countries and territories worldwide. Our professional.
Business Analyst – Permanent position in Surrey:On behalf of our client in Surrey, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Business Analyst with our client for a permanent opportunity.Role Description:This role drives business process improvement.
Overview:The Product Operations Manager is responsible for leading product management standards and processes across a product delivery stream to ensure our product development efforts achieve maximum impact in our markets.Origami Risk is proud to be.
We are seeking a motivated and customer-oriented professional to support our USDA client.Duties and responsibilities include:Develop, recommend, implement and manage automated test processes.Design, implement, and conduct test and evaluation procedures.
More jobs by this company
JOB OVERVIEW:Software Developer 3 will support business objectives by delivering work on complex bug fixes, medium to complex enhancements and small projects.RESPONSIBILITIES:Work daily with scrum master, business analysts, fellow developers and others.
JOB OVERVIEW:An Application Architect I is responsible for creating or selecting the most appropriate architecture for CIG’s systems such that it suits the business needs, satisfies stakeholder requirements, and achieves the desired results under given.