As a conversation designer at Sensely, you will be bringing our avatar-based virtual assistants to life by building smart, responsive, and empathetic conversations in text and speech. Our avatars interact with users in many languages, across a growing body of multi-channel applications in healthcare, insurance, patient learning, and training. Your work will help people all over the world get trustworthy advice about their symptoms, find medical care fast when they need it, manage chronic health concerns with a friendly guide, or even just satisfy their curiosity by chatting with a knowledgeable source. And you will be part of a passionate team working at the cutting edge of NLU/NLP applications, VUI and chat interaction design, and AI technology.
We are looking for intellectually curious, empathetic, and diversely skilled candidates for this equal-parts technical and creative full-time role at our 100% remote workplace. The ideal candidate is excited about taking on the variety of work that goes into building a trustworthy, efficient virtual assistant who can speak, listen, and understand, including:
- Writing creative, empathetic dialogue that reflects avatar personas
- Building conversation flows to meet use cases in healthcare, insurance, and beyond
- Crafting conversational personality across aural, visual, textual, and social dimensions
- Managing internationalization, localization, and translation projects
- Building and optimizing data structures to handle integrations and outcomes
- Designing new features with product and engineering teams
- Developing test cases and QA processes for conversations and product features
- Configuring accounts, supporting customer requests, and documenting conversations
- UX/UI and usability research across channels for iterative improvements
- Systematically identifying patterns in user behavior from data
- Helping to define the conversational experience with our partners
- Motivated learner and problem-solver, eager to develop new skills and driven to investigate and independently innovate solutions in a rapidly developing field
- Knowledgeable about linguistic and cultural norms of speech, writing, conversation and communication—how speech varies for different audiences and across contexts
- Excited to work on a cutting-edge, multimodal, multilingual conversation platform building the human interface for AI assistants—a love for human languages is essential!
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, including grammatical and spelling norms and varying registers; understanding of how other languages may differ
- Strong aptitude for both technical skills (scripting and code, content management, database manipulation, QA and debugging) and creative design (clear and empathetic writing, persona creation, imagining diverse user journeys, refining a style and voice)
- Proficient with Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel and familiar with SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in linguistics, anthropology, literature, language and culture studies, communications, psychology, or the social sciences (Bachelor’s degree in computer science, medical, or natural sciences also considered, with evident interest in social research, health technology, or conversation/AI design)
- Work experience with speech recognition, voice user interface (VUI), text-to-speech (TTS), natural language processing (NLP), or natural language understanding (NLU)
- Proficiency with SQL and database management: queries, updates, data models, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in GSheets—functions, macros, pivot tables, data merging
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative methods for user research, including data collection, cleaning, analysis, and visualization
- Experience in professional writing, copyediting, or translating
- Foreign language knowledge, especially Spanish, French, German, Italian, Arabic, Thai, Mandarin, or Cantonese
- Master’s or PhD in linguistics, anthropology, literature, language and culture studies, psychology, or the social sciences
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Travel Required: Less than 10%Requisition Type: PipelineWe are GDIT Technology Shared Services. We build cutting-edge applications for the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. Bring your creativity to help us.
Company OverviewAdashi Systems provides public safety software to 1,500+ emergency services organizations around the world. Our complete public safety platform gives agencies the tools to staff, respond to, and manage critical incidents safely and efficiently..
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, FRONTSTEPS is a SaaS company with a resident engagement platform to empower communities to be safe, informed, and efficient. More than 23,000 communities nationwide — that is 4.4 million homeowners — are covered by.
Description:Our ideal candidate is someone who is excited to become a part of an awesome, fast-growing team and must display these three top (required) skills:1. 5+ years of core QA experience with web and/or mobile applications.2. 3+ years programming.
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable.