Mission Data is an organization where you can quickly see your work come to fruition. In our agile environment, you will be exposed to a variety of clients and work with a lot of interesting technologies, problem domains, and verticals. You will gain exposure to different businesses and industries from Fortune 1000 companies to successful start-ups. In our ever-learning environment, you can stretch your technical legs and learn new skills.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team and help with testing our digital solutions before they are released. As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you will work with a small team to identify bugs and potential problems, plan and perform different stages of testing, relay issues back to the developers, and monitor all phases of the product development life cycle to ensure quality standards are met. We operate in a primarily manual testing environment. Types of testing include Acceptance, Exploratory, Regression, Feature, and Functional testing.
In this role, you will work in a smaller and more intimate environment with a stable and mature company, get a lot of experience with diverse technologies and applications working with our many different types of clients, and learn different frameworks. You will also learn a lot of critical thinking skills and be able to work in a super flexible environment. Mission Data is a place for you to grow, develop, and advance your career through learning and exploring new technologies.
This position is remote and you can live anywhere in the continental United States. Compensation is commensurate with experience. This position is not eligible for visa or work authorization sponsorship.
- Maintain working knowledge of quality standards
- Develop and perform quality test processes
- Make recommendations for repairing defects
- Implement readable and understandable descriptions for issue and feature tracking.
- Run exploratory testing sessions at the end of a product cycle prior to the product being released
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability
- Reproduce reported defects and work with developers to resolve
- Lead testing efforts from discovery phase to final product launch on at least 2 major products with minimal supervision
- Identify weak points for supplemental testing efforts
- Modify, execute and commit clean, documented and easily readable automation scripts
- Assist in estimating testing efforts and timelines for the execution of assigned tasks
- Interact directly with clients in taking feedback/reporting issues effectively
- Ensure quality of releases and alignment with requirements
- Document software defects, using a manual bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
- Execute test plans against Mobile and Web applications
- Use CI based deployment paired with test automation
- Create and Guide QA department using BDD methodology
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Document test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
Key skills and attributes for success:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Motivated learner
- Adaptable and flexible
Qualifications to be considered:
- Experience with issue and bug tracking
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of QA databases and applications
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Complete knowledge of various testing processes and methodologies
- Well-versed in data management, bug reporting, troubleshooting and test environments
- Understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Working experience in software development and software quality assurance
- Understanding of risk assessment with testing
- Experience using dev tools in a browser and understanding error codes, how the browser communicates to the back-end, and how the data is sent back and forth
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
Bonus points, but not required:
- Running migration scripts
- Experience with Jira or a non-record and playback tool
Working at Mission Data:
At Mission Data, we have an open organizational culture where transparency, inclusivity, and adaptability are the name of the game. Our team of professionals are genuine, responsive, and always willing to help. We operate in a remote environment and build strong relationships through virtual collaboration tools. Through our research and development investments, employees can gain skill, explore possibilities and create new services and products.
Join a company where you can work on exciting projects and enhance your skill set while doing meaningful work.
About Mission Data:
Mission Data LLC (www.missiondata.com) is a full-service digital product development firm, focusing on the design, development, and management of web and mobile solutions. For more than 20 years, Mission Data has specialized in designing and building smart digital products for companies of all sizes nationwide. We are a seasoned, innovative team of advisors, architects, engineers, designers, and strategists with expertise in user experience design, digital product development, and distributed workforce enablement. Our love of all things tech is grounded in the possible. The practical application of technology to enable big ideas is what excites us, and we strive to make a lasting impact on the businesses with whom we partner.
We collaborate with our clients to guide their visions, and we’re dedicated to partnering long-term to make lasting digital transformations. While our focus is on retail, media, and manufacturing, we work with companies in a wide range of industries to generate new revenue streams, maximize profits, and position them at the forefront.
Mission Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following "EEO is the Law" Poster and the "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We encourage and invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a career opportunity, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and be as specific as possible with respect to your request.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Travel Required: Less than 10%Requisition Type: PipelineWe are GDIT Technology Shared Services. We build cutting-edge applications for the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. Bring your creativity to help us.
Data-Core Systems Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology and business process outsourcing services. Data-Core combines technology innovation, business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that exemplifies the future.
About UsProkeep is a software company that has developed a messaging platform for the $100+ billion wholesale distribution market (i.e. plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc.). Our team is agile, nimble, and dedicated to making our customers' lives easier.
KS2 is adding an EDI Developer to our team!Are you competitive? Self-Assured? A factual communicator? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? If you like the freedom and independence associated with achieving your own personal success, and.
Title: ETL Tester -- 2 positionsLocation: RemoteDuration: 2 + yrsDirect Client RequirementVisa Status : US Citizen,H4 EAD , GC , EAD GC Applicable only .Please send resumes teja.p at ithereosinc.com .CANDIDATE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONSMinimum Requirements:.
Overview: Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management company that for nearly half a century has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. We are currently seeking a.