Sr. Application Developer - Fulltime - Arlington, TX
About our client:
Our client, located in Arlington, TX, is the national governing body of a national sports league serving over 3,000 associations across the US, as well as encompassing over 2 million members. This organization is vastly growing, hence the need for an Application Developer to join the team!
About the position:
The Sr. Application Developer provides quality technology solutions that achieve IT goals to support the internal business objectives and financial responsibilities across the country.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all assigned projects are successfully delivered meeting quality, time, and budget expectations. This will include new development, as well as, supporting existing production applications and services (including after hours on-call support as needed).
- Maintain accurate and efficient task level effort estimation, prioritization, and tracking for assigned areas.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding testing, and support.
- Transform business requirements into technical specifications.
- Write maintainable code that meets business requirements and technical specifications.
- Write and execute unit tests for assigned tasks.
- Provide accurate and timely communication of status, risks, and timelines.
- Effectively debug and troubleshoot code to identify root cause and proposed solution.
- Follow architectural and coding standards as defined by the organization.
- Promote and encourage an environment of collaboration.
- Promote and encourage an environment of learning and knowledge transfer.
- Provide input for process and practice improvements with willingness to implement improvements including, but not limited to, increased effectiveness and efficiency, and waste reduction. This includes annual business planning and evangelizing IT Roadmap.
- Keep skills up to date.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Proficient in all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) including analysis, design, coding, testing, and support.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with root cause analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to estimate and prioritize tasks accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of OO design and development including industry best practices.
- Must be a self-starter and customer focused.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Occasionally required to move about inside the office and off-site locations.
- Continually required to sit and/or stand (remain stationary).
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Continually required to talk and/or hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet to moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 30 pounds.
Throughout the past 30 years plus, MMC, one of the most trusted names in workforce management services, has successfully delivered strategic solutions to large and small businesses in numerous industries.
We have built our reputation on partnering with our clients and candidates to achieve the desired results. Our recruiting professionals have extensive experience matching the right candidate, to the right client, for the right position. We provide the best opportunities to the most talented candidates in a multitude of industries.
MMC is a privately owned business with corporate headquarters in Irving, Texas. With 2,000+ employees, working in 40+ states, MMC is able to support all United States locations, and some international locations.
We appreciate your interest in reviewing this particular position and we encourage you to visit our website where you can always search and apply for opportunities at www.mmcgrp.com
Get started on your career journey today! Apply to become a part of the MMC Team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,388.20 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- .NET Core: 1 year (Preferred)
- Java: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Travel Required: Less than 10%Requisition Type: PipelineWe are GDIT Technology Shared Services. We build cutting-edge applications for the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. Bring your creativity to help us.
Technical Support Engineer Tier IIIMitratech is a proven global technology partner for corporate legal and compliance teams. Our approach to work is proactive, collaborative, and committed. The professionals who are thriving at Mitratech are people like.
Company OverviewAdashi Systems provides public safety software to 1,500+ emergency services organizations around the world. Our complete public safety platform gives agencies the tools to staff, respond to, and manage critical incidents safely and efficiently..
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, FRONTSTEPS is a SaaS company with a resident engagement platform to empower communities to be safe, informed, and efficient. More than 23,000 communities nationwide — that is 4.4 million homeowners — are covered by.
Description:Our ideal candidate is someone who is excited to become a part of an awesome, fast-growing team and must display these three top (required) skills:1. 5+ years of core QA experience with web and/or mobile applications.2. 3+ years programming.