About the Role
The Automation Engineers on our Build team support testing and test automation on a variety of applications. They investigate and address triage and time sensitive tasks within specific program focus areas, conduct feature-level testing for sprint work, and ensure smooth functioning of our core offering and its tech support systems. In addition, as our software design and development partners complete their work on new components of our platform, Automation Engineers partner with them to ensure launch readiness and conduct the actual launch. From there, we take over responsibility for support, maintenance and enhancement of tests for that component, in collaboration with our Implementation team. This role is remote.
What you Would Do
- Understand a modern technology stack broadly, focusing on details where necessary
- Troubleshoot behaviors in complex systems to inform potential solutions
- Review the work of your team members, providing constructive feedback
- Craft test plans and test cases, sometimes without clear requirements
- Write automated API/UI/E2E tests for multiple products
- Collaborate with in-house and external testers and engineers, review the work of your team members, providing constructive feedback
- Participate in Agile team work such as sprint planning, daily standup, and retrospectives
- Document, investigate, and communicate defects discovered during testing or reported via helpdesk
- Support product releases including participating in post-release monitoring activities
Key Competencies of the Role
- Operates Effectively - to be successful in this role, you will need excellent time management skills and the ability to manage and prioritize a substantial workload during peak times
- Team Player - the Build team is highly collaborative and you’ll interface regularly with all of the engineers
- Verbal + Written Communication: You’ll be working with lots of people in the organization and need strong interpersonal skills as the way you communicate with these people will need to vary based on their needs and level of understanding of the work that you do. You’ll need strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate with technical and, sometimes, non-technical teams
- Information sharing: You’ll need to be open and honest about challenges, as well as the actions required to address unexpected developments
What We are Looking For
- Fluency in one or more programming languages, preferably Python
- Proficiency with relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with writing and interpreting HTTP requests
- Knowledge of the SDLC
- Experience with the creation and management of tests using popular testing frameworks (Selenium, Pytest, Cypress)
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation
- Strong desire to learn more in any of these areas as you work with our systems
- Open to recent college grads, self-taught individuals, people making a midlife career change, looking to get their foot in the technology door
Role Classification and Benefits
This role is remote, full-time, with a salary range of $75,000-115,000, and includes benefits such as rich medical, dental, and vision insurance, 37 paid days off per year (prorated for the period in which you work), paid parental leave, a professional development budget of $375 annually and a quarterly cell phone subsidy.
Commitment to Diversity
At New Classrooms we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create and inspire better ways to give every student an educational foundation for lifelong success. In order to fully realize this mission we are dedicated to building a diverse pool of candidates including those from underrepresented backgrounds, and resolute in building an inclusive culture that supports and celebrates the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Travel Required: Less than 10%Requisition Type: PipelineWe are GDIT Technology Shared Services. We build cutting-edge applications for the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. Bring your creativity to help us.
RequirementsBS degree or equivalent in computer science or related field3+ years of experience in Automation and Software TestingExcellent analytical and technical skillsStrong knowledge of the Linux OS as an advanced System Administrator and UserAbility.
Company DescriptionDiversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning.
Data Engineer Job DescriptionAbout OptimizeRxOptimizeRx Corporation (NASDAQ:OPRX) is the best-in-class health technology company, enabling car-focused engagement between life sciences organizations, healthcare providers, and patients at critical junctures.
How you will helpYou will own the process of Quality Assurance for the Data Delivery team, from the development of test-cases to the implementation of test suites across the full spectrum of client deliveries, to ensure the highest quality output of.
We are looking for a Data AnalystYou will Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and mine and organize accurate, congruent, and reliable data for analysis. The person we are looking for will need to be detail-oriented.
More jobs by this company
About the RoleThe Software Solution Architect (SSA) will be responsible for providing technical strategy and establishment of a Software Architecture practice and adoption of an architecture and standards methodology. This role manages the activities.