At Hexagon US Federal we provide cutting-edge technologies and a wide range of professional services that enable our customers to make smarter and faster operational decisions and improve mission effectiveness.
Hexagon US Federal is an independent subsidiary of Hexagon Corporation exclusively focused on bringing the broad range of Hexagon technologies to the US Federal government and its partners.
Locations: Chantilly, VA (HQ); Huntsville, AL; St. Louis, MO; Lexington Park, MD, and other client sites across the US
Awards and Recognition: Certified Great Place to Work
A day in the life of a GEEP/Artemis Software Engineer:
As a GEEP/Artemis Software Engineer you will be expected to maintain, create, and release geospatial applications and components for web and desktop. In the morning you may attend a daily scrum meeting with your team. Through the afternoon you’ll code a new feature enhancement based on a user story off the JIRA board. Before wrapping up for the day you’ll respond to a customer question in the product support portal. Finally, you’ll check on the product build within Jenkins or CodeBuild to check the health of the dev pipeline.
This job is for you:
If you want to work on a product that allows government organizations and businesses to host their own Google Earth Globe. Our products are based on Open Google Earth Enterprise (Open GEE) which allow organizations and businesses to take advantage of the same publicly available Google Earth capabilities, behind the firewall, in an offline/disconnected environment, or in low bandwidth regions.
By joining the HexFed team you’ll help enhance and modernize our geospatial products for both the enterprise with GEEP and our sUAS platform with Artemis.
Google Earth Enterprise Platform (GEEP)
Project Site - http://www.opengee.org/
GitHub Site - https://github.com/google/earthenterprise/
Artemis - https://bit.ly/3be6UOa
The ideal candidate will have: previously served as a software engineer with proven experience in product development with end-to-end delivery of value, in the form of software, documentation and support to end-users.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a similar technical degree
- Experience with web applications and frameworks: Vue, Typescript, CSS, Webpack, Electron
- Developed geospatial applications using SDKs like Google Maps API
- Comfortable with Linux run-time environments including containers
- Thrives in an agile organization using scrum
- Contributes to documentation and willing to coach others
- 5-7 years of experience in software engineering
- Leverages CI/CD: AWS CodeBuild, Gitlab, Jenkins
- Familiar with deployment and cloud tools like Ansible, AWS SDKs
- Testing automation tools like Selenium
- WebGL programming
- Using microservices within web applications
- Google’s KML format
- Geospatial databases like PostgreSQL and PostGIS
Required Level of Security Clearance: Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires the ability to obtain a government security clearance. You must be a US Citizen for consideration.
What we will provide in return:
- Competitive health care plans with savings accounts
- Dental and vision plans
- 401k with 100% company match up to 6%, with immediate vesting on company match
- Life and disability insurance
- Learning Management System with robust offerings
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Flexible hybrid and remote working arrangements where possible
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Thrive Wellness Program
- DE&I Committee with regular educational sessions and communications
- Leadership Development Program with multiple learning options
Hexagon US Federal is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
FMTC is looking for a software QA tester to add to our growing technical team. This role will be in charge of inspecting products at different phases in their development to ensure they meet a set of consistent quality standards.Duties and Description.
ACCENTURE's Flexible Workforce solves clients’ toughest challenges by providing cross-industry expertise, unmatched innovation, World-class tech and talent. We help bring it all together to deliver tangible business outcomes for our clients with contractors.
Piper Companies is seeking a Remote Automation QA Engineer to join a leading multinational mass media company for an employment opportunity. The Automation QA Engineer will work to help build, scale, and maintain the company’s content delivery services..
Overview:By Light is looking for a Sr. Tester to be part of the team providing support to our client at USPTO on and exciting DevSecOps.Responsibilities:Provide test expertise in the development of automated test processes, standards, and guidelines.
We are looking for QA WordPress plugin tester, to work with us full-time testing challenging, interesting, cool new stuff.RESPONSIBILITIES:For this role, you will provide beta testing for all plugin and service releases. This includes user testing, functionality.
More jobs by this company
Hexagon US Federal seeks a proactive, customer-focused sales professional to join its geospatial business development team. We are a premier provider of geospatial technology solutions to the U.S. Federal Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities..