Edgewater Federal Solutions is a privately held government contracting firm located in Frederick, MD. The company was founded in 2002 with the vision of being highly recognized and admired for supporting customer missions through employee empowerment, exceptional services, and timely delivery. Edgewater Federal Solutions is ISO 9001, 20000-1, 270001 certified, appraised at CMMI Level 3 Maturity for Development and Services, and has been named in the Top Workplaces in the Greater Washington Area Small Companies for 2018 and 2019.
Edgewater Federal Solutions is currently seeking a Software Development Manager to provide technical and team leadership for the application development team that supports the EHSS AU IT Support contract located in Germantown, MD.
This role will need a strong influencer of iterative development and a coach and mentor that can lead the technical team and manage stakeholder expectations on building and managing applications built on various Microsoft technologies.
- Lead team development efforts towards successful iterative project delivery
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Define and communicate attainable goals to team members both project and career focused
- Manage multiple streams of work with varied governing processes and reporting requirements
- Ensure appropriate procedures and processes are followed with on-time delivery on projects
- Troubleshoot and coordinate to resolve performance issues
- Monitor, evaluate, and ensure projects and task for delivery commitments and keep communication lines open and transparent on impediments or risk for on-time delivery
- Define and enforce well defined processes and standard to ensure quality in all tasks and documentation
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team and work with Management on opportunities to seek improvement in these areas
- Collaborate with other teams, portfolio managers and Management to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web applications
- Collaborate with customers and stakeholders to collect and document project requirements, development of user stories, estimates and delivery schedules
- Refine requirements to translate them into functional specs
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software
- Package and support deployment of releases
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Provide third-level support to business users. Research and evaluate a variety of software products
- US Citizenship
- Excellent communication skills to seek clarity on responsibilities and priorities as strategy and priorities shift
- Knowledge, and experience with core Microsoft .Net technologies including: WCF, WPF, WF, LINQ and EF
- Analyze, map, and refine software requirements
- Collaborate with development team to provide level of effort for all projects
- Experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience with Agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with Waterfall development methodologies and the vision and drive to help the team and customer transition to Agile
- Understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Internally motivated and strong influencer of transparency and collaboration within the team and in all interactions external to the team
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Experience with proposal writing, cost and schedule estimation, and release management
Nice to have (strongly preferred):
- Certified Scrum Master
- Experience with Agile methodology, and use of development tools such as GitHub
- Experience with DevOps disciplines and toolsets
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Experience with technical documentation
It has been and continues to be the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, as a condition of employment, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated. An employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or one week after receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. All newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $140,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Microsoft .NET Framework: 5 years (Required)
- Java: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
FMTC is looking for a software QA tester to add to our growing technical team. This role will be in charge of inspecting products at different phases in their development to ensure they meet a set of consistent quality standards.Duties and Description.
ACCENTURE's Flexible Workforce solves clients’ toughest challenges by providing cross-industry expertise, unmatched innovation, World-class tech and talent. We help bring it all together to deliver tangible business outcomes for our clients with contractors.
Piper Companies is seeking a Remote Automation QA Engineer to join a leading multinational mass media company for an employment opportunity. The Automation QA Engineer will work to help build, scale, and maintain the company’s content delivery services..
Overview:By Light is looking for a Sr. Tester to be part of the team providing support to our client at USPTO on and exciting DevSecOps.Responsibilities:Provide test expertise in the development of automated test processes, standards, and guidelines.
QA Engineerat Datatron TechnologiesSan Francisco, CA / RemoteOverview:Datatron is a cutting-edge, unified platform for machine learning model deployment, life-cycle management, and governance. Our vision is to define the future of model operations and.