Durham, NC or Remote within the United States
Adwerx is on the lookout for a Senior Developer to join our growing team of developers distributed across the Triangle and elsewhere in the United States. In this role, you'll help us take our mature codebases and apply your skills for creating maintainable and efficient code to an organization that is focused on development best practices and standards. Help us deal with the rapid adoption of our product and make our Rails app the best it could possibly be.
Adwerx is a place where you can thrive in our highly collaborative teams and where everyone is encouraged to contribute ideas across all levels of the organization.
Our engineering charter is centered around humility, respect and trust. We abide by the mantra “if it's not in version control, it doesn't exist”, strive to write documentation our peers will love, and always try to leave things better than we found it. We employ testing and continuous delivery for all our services and empower our developers to iterate and deploy as often as they need.
We host lunch and learns, conduct blameless post-mortems and retrospectives, and celebrate the work we do during our team gatherings. We also regularly recognize our peers with shout outs during department meetings. Although we have an office in the American Tobacco Campus in Durham, NC, employees have the flexibility to work from anywhere in the United States during their employment at Adwerx.
How we work
We apply the Agile/Scrum methodology to run the day to day projects at Adwerx and are heavily inspired by the “Shape Up” process with our product development process. In addition we:
- Utilize a mature CI/CD process and deploy to production many times a day.
- Use EOS to set quarterly company rocks.
- Have production-like QA environments with a culture of writing automated tests.
- Define department SLOs and Engineering KPIs to make sure we're executing on our work well.
- Relentlessly strive for excellence with not only the products we build but also the health of our codebase and our developer ecosystem.
- Promote mentorship as an activity that everyone takes part in on our team.
Skills you should have:
- Experience designing and developing web applications that have a large number of customers.
- A strong familiarity of Ruby on Rails or other object oriented programming languages.
- Expert level knowledge working with distributed systems.
- Experience with React and Redux is a plus.
- Strong belief in the importance of applying modern programming patterns in an MVC environment. Experience in service-oriented API architecture is a big plus.
- High attention to detail and pride in producing high-quality software.
- Passion for learning about and developing with new technologies, coupled with a passion about using the right tool for the job.
- Naturally drawn to collaboration, open to feedback, and working hard at conveying constructive feedback in a way that doesn't put others on the defensive.
- Flexibility to adapt quickly with our growing and ever-changing business.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, Agile-esque development organization.
- A test-driven mindset and commitment to refactoring and tuning.
In this individual contributor role, you will:
- Design and implement high quality and elegant SaaS software for desktop, mobile web, and REST APIs.
- Collaborate directly with product management, marketing, and design teams on new product features. Our developers are in-tune with our customers and the business requirements, not just code.
- Author architectural documents, conduct design meetings for your code, provide code review feedback for your peers and be an overall great collaborator with the other developers on the team.
- Help us scale our technology and build new enterprise features that will help power a fast growing portion of our business.
- Optimize our database so the enormous amount of data we have remains fast and scalable.
- Design and build out new interfaces for our responsive front end using React, Redux, and Bootstrap 4.
- Build tools to make our internal processes better and our development jobs easier.
- Collaborate closely with our infrastructure team and ensure that the products we build can be well supported by our growing cloud footprint.
- Be a part of the decision making process for every aspect of the company, not just technology. We encourage everyone to be plugged-in to the entire business and to chip in with ideas and action when they see opportunities to help. Creativity is encouraged, innovation is expected. We love big ideas and give credit where credit is due!
What You'll Get:
- Competitive salary and potential for equity.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options (100% of basic plan premiums paid by company)
- 401(k) plan with a company match of up to 4%
- A state of the art office located at American Tobacco Campus in Durham, NC which includes a fully stocked snack, drinks, and coffee area, and paid parking.
- A collaborative work environment where you'll learn about and influence every aspect of the business
- The opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most talented leaders, developers, marketers and designers and advancement opportunities
- The ability to help define the foundational technology that will power the growth of our business
- An environment that fosters transparency and the company vision through monthly company updates, happy hours and full disclosure
- Flexible work scheduling
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
FMTC is looking for a software QA tester to add to our growing technical team. This role will be in charge of inspecting products at different phases in their development to ensure they meet a set of consistent quality standards.Duties and Description.
ACCENTURE's Flexible Workforce solves clients’ toughest challenges by providing cross-industry expertise, unmatched innovation, World-class tech and talent. We help bring it all together to deliver tangible business outcomes for our clients with contractors.
Piper Companies is seeking a Remote Automation QA Engineer to join a leading multinational mass media company for an employment opportunity. The Automation QA Engineer will work to help build, scale, and maintain the company’s content delivery services..
Overview:By Light is looking for a Sr. Tester to be part of the team providing support to our client at USPTO on and exciting DevSecOps.Responsibilities:Provide test expertise in the development of automated test processes, standards, and guidelines.
QA Engineerat Datatron TechnologiesSan Francisco, CA / RemoteOverview:Datatron is a cutting-edge, unified platform for machine learning model deployment, life-cycle management, and governance. Our vision is to define the future of model operations and.