The Software Engineer, III - UI will maintain and extend the capabilities of our healthcare technology platform and products.
You will be part of our technology team, Developing features, analyzing and resolving issues, refactoring code, and maintaining the capabilities of our highly scalable multi-tenant healthcare technology platform. As an individual contributor, you will collaborate with other members of your cross functional team, learn and teach technologies and techniques, attend area tech events, and produce high quality software.
Essential Functions / Tasks / Duties / Responsibilities:
- Collaborates, as part of the development team, to create technical solutions for our software products.
- Takes ownership of old and new products: maintaining, updating
- Optimize, refactor, enhance, debug, and troubleshoot existing code
- Follow all OP best practices and coding standards
- Perform root cause analysis, and propose effective solutions for bugs in the software
- Document, Maintain, and Own technical artifacts, internal knowledge base, best practices, and templates for all integrations; bringing in industry knowledge as appropriate to improve OP’s solutions.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Understand specifications and requirements for the development/enhancements of interfaces and other types of data exchange, including but not limited to HIE standards and OP interfaces
- Writes, reviews, and debugs basic programming assignments that are well defined and include mostly debug issues.
- Protects the integrity of code: creating, submitting and utilizing tests.
- Provides transparency of work to the company.
- Transfers knowledge within the department and to other technical teams.
- Given a high level design can code, implement and test a feature
- Able to take a complex task and break it down into smaller pieces
- Contributes regularly to technical discussions with team leads
- Design a feature and present it to the team lead
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently, able to succeed in a fast-paced agile environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous engagements
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with experience to troubleshoot and to resolve problems
- Ability to analyze complex information sets and communicate that information in a clear well thought out and well laid out manner
- Proven record of delivering high quality software and solutions that meets business needs
- Ability to lead a project from design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance phases
- Demonstrable experience designing, building, and maintaining interface integrations based on HIE and OP standards
- Referenceable experience being an individual contributor in a fast paced team based environment
- Proficient with one or more of the following development languages: Flutter, React, or Angular
- Experience with Java preferred
- Intermediate database skills (MySQL, Mongo DB)
- Effective building unit test and using unit test frameworks
- Awareness of AWS capabilities and services
- Basic understanding of version control systems like GIT or Subversion
- Working knowledge with SCM and IDEs
- In depth understanding of software documentation including markdown
- Proficient in Health IT standards and protocols, including but not limited to FHIR, HL7, CCDA, and X12
- Working knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, REST...)
- History of exemplary performance and personal integrity
- Deep understanding of the software lifecycle and the ability to support the life cycle
- Mentoring other developers and coaching
Education / Professional Certifications or Licenses Required:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
Generally 5 or more years of related experience.
Supervisory responsibilities (if any - direct reports and level of supervision required):
Able to supervise interns and teach them best practices
Work Environment / Physical demands/ Travel Requirements:
Office type work, extended periods of sitting, standing and walking. Lifting up to 10 pounds. Telephone and computer work equipment used to perform jobs. Occasional Travel via airplane and car.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, national origin, non-job related handicap or disability, or the use of a guide or support animal, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age [18 and over] - [40 or over], physical or mental disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, marital status, protected action, concerted activity, or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
You may discuss equal employment opportunity related questions with your supervisor or any other member of management.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement:
Our company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities, which may include providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. In general, it is your responsibility to notify your supervisor of the need for accommodation. Upon doing so, your supervisor may ask you for your input or the type of accommodation you believe may be necessary or the functional limitations caused by your disability. Also, when appropriate, we may need your permission to obtain additional information from your physician or other medical or rehabilitation professionals.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
FMTC is looking for a software QA tester to add to our growing technical team. This role will be in charge of inspecting products at different phases in their development to ensure they meet a set of consistent quality standards.Duties and Description.
ACCENTURE's Flexible Workforce solves clients’ toughest challenges by providing cross-industry expertise, unmatched innovation, World-class tech and talent. We help bring it all together to deliver tangible business outcomes for our clients with contractors.
Piper Companies is seeking a Remote Automation QA Engineer to join a leading multinational mass media company for an employment opportunity. The Automation QA Engineer will work to help build, scale, and maintain the company’s content delivery services..
Overview:By Light is looking for a Sr. Tester to be part of the team providing support to our client at USPTO on and exciting DevSecOps.Responsibilities:Provide test expertise in the development of automated test processes, standards, and guidelines.
Hello,Greetings from Hanker Systems Inc!!!Pleasure mailing you. I wanted to touch base with your regarding one of our client opportunity. Please go through the below requirement and let me know if you are comfortable with the position.Please send me.
Cerebral Staffing, LLC is seeking a Core Java Software Developer to work for our direct client John Deere. This role can be remote. Skill sets needed :Core Java,J2EE,Spring Boot, Cloud, Microservcies,Spring, AWS, SQL, JDBC, JPA, Maven, OKTA/OAuth2/OIDC,.
More jobs by this company
Job Description:The . Net Software Engineer will maintain and extend the capabilities of our healthcare technology platform and products.You will be part of our Behavioral Health technology team, assisting with software customizations. As an individual.