About the Product Owner Role
At Marcus Technologies, the Product Owner is responsible for defining, releasing, and improving features in a product. The Product Owner owns these improvements and is accountable for their success.
Like all product management positions, the Product Owner must understand product management best practices and have practical experience defining user stories, creating and maintaining feature-level roadmaps, building and prioritizing product backlogs, and managing stakeholders.
You will be responsible for overseeing an overhaul of the ERP system for our sister company, Marcus Food Company. This system supports more than two dozen active sales offices and manages everything from accounting, fulfillment, ordering, etc. It is strategically vital to Marcus Technologies that this system interfaces seamlessly with our custom CRM platform, which will lay the foundation for future pursuits. Your first objective will be to direct the rearchitecting of this system, essentially recreating it into a modern web application with a future-proof tech stack.
To succeed in this role, the Product Owner must be comfortable working in an ambiguous environment and making decisions with insufficient information. It will require self-sufficiency and motivation to make continual progress on technical challenges. While you do not need coding experience, you will be confident discussing low-level requirements with developers to ensure that the technical implementation supports the current and future needs of the product.
This role reports to the Senior Product Manager.
- Define and execute a development roadmap that aligns with the overall cross-product strategy. Roadmaps are created in coordination with various internal stakeholders and have a clear hierarchy from feature to product to business strategy.
- Adopt and champion product management best practices in all interactions, including with peers in Design, Engineering, and Data. It will require a thorough, practical understanding of product development tools and the ability to develop new habits on the job.
- Establish and reinforce the use of qualitative and quantitative analyses to measure feature performance, identify problems and opportunities, and measure improvements. These analyses should be present in all day-to-day processes, including collaboration with peers in Design, Engineering, and Data.
- Work closely with the Product Manager and stakeholders to internalize a thorough understanding of the business needs and the relevant user personas.
- Work closely with the Product Manager and stakeholders to define a roadmap aligned with the overall cross-product strategy.
- Build, maintain, and regularly/groom a backlog of feature improvements. While input from stakeholders and peers in Design, Engineering, and Data is essential, the Product Owner owns the backlog and is responsible for its success.
- Champion improvements regularly in collaboration with peers in Design, Engineering, and Data. That means being the source of truth about the persona affected by each modification and for decisions related to requirements, exceptions, known and emergent risks, and bugs.
- Champion, implement, and reinforce the organization's overall product management philosophy. That requires seeking and leveraging opportunities for training and learning about new tools.
- Establish collaborative, mutually-beneficial relationships with peers in Design, Engineering, Data, Sales, Marketing, and Finance as required for the overall success of feature improvements and ongoing support.
- Perform build vs. buy analyses and assess the pros and cons of technical implementation options to ensure the long-term success and interoperability of the ERP system.
- 3+ years in Product Management, Product Ownership, or an adjacent specialization at a product-focused company, such as Project Management, Business Analyst or Operations, Sales, UX, Engineering, QA, Marketing, or Customer Service.
- 2+ years in a product management role responsible for managing feature improvements individually or in support of a senior product manager.
- General understanding of product management principles as practiced at the team and individual level.
- Experience using common product development software and platforms (Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Aha, Google Workspace, and so on).
- Proficiency in data analysis and presentation tools (Sheets, Excel).
- Experience as a Product Owner accountable for the successful release and improvement of product features.
- Experience developing or deploying custom ERP implementations is highly desirable.
- Experience analyzing and optimizing business operations and process engineering.
- Experience using modern collaboration + design tools (Figma, InVision, Miro).
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) (or equivalent practical experience).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This role is fully remote but is optionally hybrid for those in Austin, TX.
We are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,211.78 - $120,572.05 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- B2B: 3 years (Required)
- CRM software: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, VirginiaAgile Delivery Lead-Platform & Virtual Desktop Engineering (Remote Eligible) As an Agile Delivery Lead, you'll support and coach your teams toward high performance by empowering them to.
Description:Lead multiple projects through design process, production of construction documents, and construction administration as part of a project team. Develops solutions to technical problems.Project Delivery: Assist with proposal and contract documents..
Overview Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and.
ABOUT YOU We are looking for someone who can impact the future of health care innovation through supporting end users to accomplish their everyday goals. If you can put your signature on this, we can't wait to hear from you! Are you highly committed?.
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies.