Remote: Position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be a critical member of the agile team responsible for creating, maintaining, and delivering key infrastructure and services for many global software development teams. Your expertise in software development, testing, integration, and delivery will help scale our development workflows and improve automation and processes. Your work will help deliver a scalable and integrated solution to enable delivery of Automated Driving and Active Safety software for our advanced controllers and align with GM's vision of a future of Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion!
- Strengthen and optimize our development environment and workflows by improving automation, code quality and processes while reducing overall build times
- Create, maintain, improve, and evolve our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes for new and existing services to reduce manual/repetitive tasks
- Architect robust technical design solutions with a focus on quality, scalability, real-time processing, and availability
- Work collaboratively with several development teams throughout the company and around the globe to help deliver end-to-end products and features that support our latest Automated Driving and Active Safety programs/features
- Ensure continuous operation of delivered services and framework by quickly fixing issues and preventing future failures
- Travel as required
Additional Job Description
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in software integration, CI/CD and/or DevOps with experience in tooling, infrastructure solutions and automated testing
- Experience working within both Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience with virtualization and container-based solutions (ie., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Prior software development experience, preferably in C/C++ with exposure to bash, python and windows batch
- Experience with CMake build configurations
- Experience with GNU gcc (and derived compiler toolchain)
- Strong knowledge of Jenkins, pipelines and use of GIT-based review management tools
- Experience providing guidance, leadership, and mentoring to team members
- Ability to independently investigate issues based on limited information, demonstrating high level of analytical ability to resolve complex problems
- Creative, disciplined, strong sense of responsibility, delivery, and schedule commitment
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of major automotive vehicle systems such as Advanced Driver-Assistance (ADAS), Motion Control, Automotive Network, and Powertrain
- Experience with Automotive Communication Protocols (Ethernet/CAN/LIN)
- Experience with SAFe methodologies
- Experience in working with distributed teams situated globally
- Experience with the QNX OS and build toolchain QCC
- Experience with Adaptive AUTOSAR service-based vehicle platform
- Experience with Unit Test tools e.g. (CppUTest, Google Test etc.) and respective Jenkins plugins
- The expected base compensation for this role is: $86,460 to $141,060. Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Job Family: Digital and TechnologyType: Full timeDate Posted: Dec 01, 2022Req #: JR39890DescriptionJob Title: Sr. IT Systems Analyst (Finance)Job Location: Norfolk, Virginia - Remote WorkSign-On-Bonus: 1, 000.00Job Summary:Responsible for defining and.
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of.
Primary Skills: Automation, Cypress, React, JSON, Jenkins/GithubContract Type: W2Duration: 6+ MonthsLocation: 100% RemoteNOTE: Role open to Women Back to Work candidates with a career gap-TALK to a recruiter NOW: CONTACT Monika @ 408-907-2992-Grow your.
Work to turn vacation dreams into life-long memories by becoming a part of the Apple Leisure Group (ALG) team! We strive to be the first choice in vacation travel, enriching lives and uniting the world.Grow your career as a Software Tester within Trisept.
At LaunchNotes, diversity and inclusion are core values. Candidates with diverse and/or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.--Design at LaunchNotesDesign is a critical organization at LaunchNotes. We solve problems for our users by discovering.
More jobs by this company
Job DescriptionRemote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.General Motors' Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) group unlocks a.
Job DescriptionPeople Analytics CoE (Community of Expertise) is looking for a People Analytics Data Visualization Analyst to join its newly formed Talent Acquisition Analytics team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, building,.
Job DescriptionPeople Analytics CoE (Community of Expertise) is looking for a People Analytics Data Scientist to join its newly formed Data Science & Predictive Analytics team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing data science projects.
Job DescriptionPeople Analytics CoE (Community of Expertise) is looking for a People Analytics Data Visualization Consultant to join its newly formed Data Visualizations & Analytics Solutions team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing.
Job DescriptionRemote: This position does not require the employee to be on-site full time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.This is a remote positionFor this role you will expected to.
Job DescriptionRemote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.The Digital Data Engineer (Web) will work as a subject matter expert.