Do you have your AA/AS degree? Put it to good use as a QA Technician for DataCare!
Under the direction of a manager of Datacare Corporation, the QA Technician will work with Business Systems Analysts and Software Engineers in meeting user needs. In addition, the QA Technician will assist in the maintenance and implementation of new procedures and policies to improve business systems efficiency.
Individuals typically enter our career path at the Associate level for the first several years of employment with DataCare. After meeting the expectations for promotion, the next step in the career path is the full QA Technician title and responsibilities. After again proving mastery of the required skills as a QA Technician, strong employees in the role move to the Senior level. Other opportunities to become a Team Lead or other specialized role may follow for those who are interested and qualified.
Work Specifics: Non-Exempt, eight (8) hour workday, Monday-Friday, working remotely in PST hours
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the development of test plans
- Execute manual testing of software systems with minimal supervision
- Obtain management signoff for test plans and results
- Document and track defects and ensure resolution
- Assist in the organization of the QA process for fixes and enhancements to the production environment
- Follow-up on action items resulting from technical issues and provide regular communication to Engineering and User Services team members.
- Escalate issues to the appropriate team if unable to resolve.
- Other responsibilities or duties as may be assigned.
- Become an expert in the product, customer workflows and business context
- Guard against regressions
- Other responsibilities or duties as may be assigned
WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR DATACARE?
You'll get to see how your work empowers users.
We have never had layoffs since incorporating in 2003. Employees are our most valuable asset, we like to keep them for as long as possible.
We don't compete with each other, we work together against the competition.
We work reasonable business hours (no insane 80 hour a week death marches).
We're a local company, we don't need to impress out of state investors.
Full benefits, health insurance, 401k, etc.. Requirements:
The ideal candidate will have an AS/ AA degree or certificate in computer information systems, computer technology, or related field; or 1 - 2 years of experience in a software QA role. Other degrees accepted with appropriate experience/ potential. The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Basic knowledge of databases and SQL
- Basic understanding of web-based software platform architecture
- Can test and validate functionality, user flows, and visual designs
- Understands common UX patterns and user behavior
- Experience working in a collaborative, team environment
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Windows and commonly used web browsers
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines, while planning and tracking status on several projects
- Ability to adapt to constant business change and changing requirements
- Working knowledge of commonly used software programming and business concepts, practices, and procedures
- An ability to work well under pressure and multitask effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to deliver positive, measurable results
- Positive, high-energy attitude
Candidate must be able to sit the majority of an 8-hour day except for lunch and break times. Candidate must be able to keyboard the majority of an 8-hour day except for lunch and break times. Candidate must have manual dexterity. Candidate must be able to speak on the telephone intermittently throughout the day. Candidate must be able to read and write English fluently. Candidate must be able to provide and confirm safe home office environment. Home office must be HIPAA compliant.
*Requires DSL, fiber, or cable internet connection from home. 10 Mbps preferred or better. *
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: