This position offers the opportunity to perform software engineering specific to the translation and localization of Dropbox products into foreign languages. The ideal candidate will be able to apply knowledge of relevant software development, and techniques of translation to help deliver leading-edge features and functionality for our international customers. Dropbox is looking for creativity, leadership, and superior technical expertise, and a demonstrated interest in focusing on practical implementations and engineering solutions. The ideal candidate has worked on shipping products and is familiar with coding pipeline infrastructures. This is an opportunity to have a major impact on the design and implementation of the next generation of localization and translation technologies used in the production of Dropbox’s products family.
- Developing and maintaining software tools and scripts that help facilitate the localization and internationalization process, from translation pipelines to build system automation.
- Identifying areas of improvements in existing tools and processes, and addressing issues with innovative solutions.
- Automating and integrating workflow from diverse systems, internal or external.
- Analyzing international functionality issues and making changes to application source code of cross-functional teams.
- Provide input and suggestions towards innovating new approaches and new product features.
- Work cross-functionally with other engineering teams, QA and project management teams throughout Dropbox to adopt and integrate their technologies where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields and a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Strong scripting and object-oriented programming skills.
- Some knowledge of continuous integration, software testing and version control.
- Work with minimal supervision, proactive and self-motivated for timely delivery of quality code.
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven track record in delivering product-quality code.
- Engineering experience and interest in diverse technical areas.
- Clear and compelling communication skills.
- Interest and background in translation, internationalization, localization and international markets.
- Experience with one of the i18n libraries in any programming language.
- Knowledge around international standards like CLDR and ICU.
- Native-level fluency skills in one or more foreign languages.
- A track record of shipping products.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting